Browning Hi-power Mark III .40 S and W

Ebow1

What do you guys think? I really like the steel frame and long slide of the Hi-power. It's like a long slide 1911 with a bit chopped off the price tag. Goin' to a gun show on the 17th and I'll be pretty tempted to trade my Bersa Thunder .380 to knock the price down a bit if I get a good enough offer. I know there's already a thread about the digicamo Hi-power but I wanted some fresh opinions.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a HP fan, I've had 4. Think of it this way, it's what John Browning wanted the 1911 to be before the military stuck their noses in development!:tough:

Get it and don't look back. They aren't very many around anymore. The only reason i don't have mine anymore is because they were just too nice to carry and I couldn't just sit them in a safe.

I want a HiPower so bad, but everything we seem to get at the shop is in .40, and I'm dead-set on a 9mm.

Get it and then get an EFK conversion barrel. The heavier slide will allow you to shoot the +p and +p+ loads without worrying about problems. According to Bill Laughridge of Cylinder and Slide that is the best way to go.

Get it and then get an EFK conversion barrel. The heavier slide will allow you to shoot the +p and +p+ loads without worrying about problems. According to Bill Laughridge of Cylinder and Slide that is the best way to go.

+1 This is the way I went.

Guest LCPTN
I'd like to use it as a primary carry gun. My Bersa just seems a little, wimpy.

Well all are wimpy compared to an A bomb. The Bersa guns are among the

best. The Bersa 380's come in different styles. Mine is a Thunder CC single

stack and one of my favorites. I'd say tuck that Bersa away for future

use and come up with the funds to get your new gun. I've not yet traded

or sold a gun that I didn't regret. Bersa is fine.

Your desire for a Browning Hi=Power is most worthwhile pursuit. I prefer it in 9mm as I feel one in .40 S&W upsets the balance that was JMB's masterpiece.

A BHP was..., and now once again my primary Daily Carry along with a S&W MDL 37 as my backup.

Custom Browning Hi-Power. Novak FBI package. Grips by Craig Spegel.

eh0o7k.jpg

Well guess how I feel about the Browning Hipower? My Belgian model was the third pistol I bought, right after a Browning BDA 380. My first purchase was a pos German Police trade-in, the HK4. Anybody have or had one? It was so bad, I took it back to the seller and traded it in on the BDA.

Anyway, really love the feel of the hipower in my hand. Fits perfectly. Just as comfortable as a 1911. JMB was a genius with designs!

Your desire for a Browning Hi=Power is most worthwhile pursuit. I prefer it in 9mm as I feel one in .40 S&W upsets the balance that was JMB's masterpiece.

A BHP was..., and now once again my primary Daily Carry along with a S&W MDL 37 as my backup.

Custom Browning Hi-Power. Novak FBI package. Grips by Craig Spegel.

Dmark, You need to try a .40. Beautiful HP by the way. I am thinking of some Speigel grips also. Where did you find yours? Many of the aftermarket grips don't feel right to me or they don't fit very well.

Edited by R1100R
Dmark, You need to try a .40. Beautiful HP by the way. I am thinking of some Speigel grips also. Where did you find yours?

I had a HP in .40 for a little while. Turns out that I'm a wimp and didn't like the feel of the weapon because of the recoil from the pressure of the .40 that resulted in high slide velocity. I know that Browning gave the .40 HP with a much heavier slide, but to me that screwed up the balance of the weapon. Sort of like dropping a bigger engine in a car, you have more power but you also added weight.

Nothing against the .40 round itself. I find the Glock 22 to be the perfect duty sidearm (so long as you train not to shoot yourself in the leg with one).

You can find Speigel grips here.....

Lightning Arms Sports

Now if ya will excuse me..., its time to for me and the HP to head to Easter services. ;)

Later,