Your one-shot-drop statement to the anti's?

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

What's the short and skinny argument/statement you offer when involved with an anti when they bring the fight to you, should you engage?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't any one statment you can say....

My favorite though was an old redneck on the side of the road in GA selling peaches down by the coast...he said "they (the govmnt) can take my guns if they feel they need to, that's fine with me. People tend to hate guns, despise'em, that's a fact. They just scare people. Doesn't matter what they do though, I'm always quiet with my crossbow :D.

"Which made me think.................I don't have a crossbow.:cool:

Guest Bronker

"As Americans, we both have inalienable rights. I have a right to keep and bear arms. You have the right to be a spineless alien idiot."

"It's all good."

Guest 6.8 AR

When I waste my time talking to an anti, it usually ends with "Grow up". If they are anti

they are anti until they have some life shaking experience. It may be true that there are anti's that just don't understand rights and liberty, but they are still anti's.

Guest mikedwood

I just ask them if they want to go shoot. For whatever reason that usually shuts them up.

I have never seen anyone that has been started out right (as in given a 45 with no ear protection or a 12 ga to shoot their 1st shot out of) not love shooting at least for the moment.

Try Joe Huffmans "Just one question".

That's a great one.

I often outline a scenario like this:

- You're alone at your dinner table and an armed man kicks in your back door. There is a phone and a gun on the table, but you can only grab one - which one will you grab?

"When you absolutely, positively need a cop at that very instant, he is only minutes away."

"I have a word for people who are against guns and handgun carry permits; FUTURE VICTIM!"

"If you had been knocked to the ground and halfway unconscious, your clothes shredded, and a 6'2" man just ready to rape you, would you rather have your cell phone in your hand to call the cops with, or someone like me, who has years of military training and a .45 caliber 1911 handgun, standing nearby that can put a instantaneous end to the situation?"

Guest Gene83

You can't argue with them. You really can't. You try to be rational about the whole thing and it just ramps them up another notch.

Guest Straight Shooter

What Ive said before.." If YOU dont like guns, and YOU dont think I should have them, them YOU come get them. Knock on my door and tell me YOUR here for my guns. Dont send the cops, or a SWAT team, YOU,YOURSELF come.

And Ill give em to you. I promise."

Edited by Straight Shooter

I would ask if they have ever had a shotgun stuck in their face, were they made to lie on the floor while the shotgun was held at the back of their head.

If someone ever tries that again, one of us are going down.

Guest Halfpint

I tell them I've known (past tense) people who depended on others for their safety, and had they been able to defend themselves, I could drop the "N" on that word. The police literally showed up as the perp was leaving, after both had been killed.

Yeah, that phone was a real comfort.

Guest BEARMAN

I calmly tell them...It's better to have it, and not need it, than to need it, and not have it.

They usually have a look of confusion on their face, after that comment. :D

Guest faust921

1. Ask them if they like dogs. (If they say they don't like dogs they are just turds. Walk away)

2. Ask them why they don't like guns.

Whatever they say about "guns", repeat what they said but substitute the word "dogs" for "guns".

example.

They say:

Guns are dangerous. Sometimes they hurt innocent bystanders, and kill children.

You say:

Dogs are dangerous.(if they argue that they are not, give some anecdote how they are.) Sometimes they hurt innocent bystanders, and kill children. Then pull some statistic out of your tailpipe. "A child with a dog in the house is 200x more likely to be injured by the dog than by a child with no dog.

They say:

Average people don't need a gun

You say:

Average people don't need a dog.

They say:

Only "safe" guns should be allowed.

You say:

Only little dogs should be allowed. Big dogs too dangerous and nobody needs one. If the dog is little and it looks "mean" like a dachshund with sharp little teeth, then it should be illegal, because it was bred to hunt, so it could be dangerous - an assault dog.

They say:

Guns scare me, so nobody should have one.

You say:

Dogs scare me, so nobody should have one.

They say:

Only rednecks and nuts want to have a gun in their house

You say:

Only rednecks and nuts want a wild animal in their house.

Just reflect their faulty logic back to them. Tell them dogs should be illegal and you should have to have a special permit and safety class to have one and if the sheriff thinks otherwise he should be able to say no.

The dog has to be tied to something all the time, even when it is in your own yard or car, or the dog has to have it's leash tied to the inside of the trunk or back seat and have a muzzle on it so if you crash, it cannot run away and kill someone.

You should have to pay $200 a year for a special tax stamp to have a dog over 40 lbs, especially a dangerous dog like a golden retriever because they are a big and vicious "assault" dog used to hunt other animals.

You should be fingerprinted and the dogs DNA sampled at your expense to assist with investigating any future crime you or your dog might commit.

There needs to be an additional tax stamp on dog food, dog shampoo, kibbles and bits, kongs, and other paraphernalia so some politicians can spend it on some crap totally unrelated to dogs.

Finally ask them if they want to contribute to your fund the "Faust's Litigation, Elimination and Eradication of Canine Endowment (FLEECE) - then use the donations to buy strippers and beer.

Edited by faust921
readin, ritin' and rithmatic
Guest redbarron06

Guns kill less people than alcohol or cars. Take those away and then we can talk about guns.

But in reality it is a futile argument. They are argueing with emotion not with fact. They are not intrested in the facts as they do not support thier side of the argument.

Guest gcrookston

I have found arguing with the insane is an argument lost. I asked all last winter where Al Gore was and asked them to turn up the global warming, as I was freezing my a$% off.

You can't win an argument with an idiot over gun control or global warming. (Anyone else note those prius drivers are always going 80 mph on the highway?)

And the gun control folks need to look at England. They banned guns, they banned pocket knives and recently they are looking at banning glass in pubs. They already pad their street lamps for the fool dumb enough to pump into one. Has crime and murder decreased over there? Nope... But at least the incident of mortal injuries cased by walking into lamp posts has decreased. Good for them.

"If you had been knocked to the ground and halfway unconscious, your clothes shredded, and a 6'2" man just ready to rape you, would you rather have your cell phone in your hand to call the cops with, or someone like me, who has years of military training and a .45 caliber 1911 handgun, standing nearby that can put a instantaneous end to the situation?"

I seen either a short film or read about the liberal recommendation to the above situation. They were telling women to just lay there and let the rapist do what he wants. They spouted off some statistic that you are more likely to survive by just letting him have his way as opposed to fighting it. They said to report it afterwards to the police but definitely do not fight.

Also, you can't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Dolomite

And the gun control folks need to look at England. They banned guns, they banned pocket knives and recently they are looking at banning glass in pubs. They already pad their street lamps for the fool dumb enough to pump into one. Has crime and murder decreased over there? Nope... But at least the incident of mortal injuries cased by walking into lamp posts has decreased. Good for them.

For all the hand-wringing regarding how dangerous our freedoms are, no one seems to ever want to make note of the violent crime rates, where the UK has surpassed the US. Just goes to show that violence WILL happen, whether or not you get more than a spork to defend yourself with depends on where you live...