Tactical Aiming Solutions...What Say Ye?

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks awesome, but I wish they went into a little more detail about how it works, how much it will cost, etc.

It looks like an interesting system. I could see that being a great tool for a carry gun.

Guest Todd@CIS

I emailed them regarding price and availabilty ETA.

This was the response I received...

Dear Todd:

Thanks for your email.

Regarding your request, we are currently evaluating an agreement with a US distributor. Pricing and delivery time will be finalized once this process is complete, but we expect to start shipping within the next few months.

We will forward your information to our US distributor and they will contact you to accommodate your request.

If you have any questions in the mean time, I welcome you to contact me.

Regards

John Fletcher

T.A.S - Tactical Aiming Solutions

Address: 1 Eilat St. P.O. Box 84 Tiberius 14001, Israel

I'm a big fan of Heinie (with Ameriglo front sight), XS Sights, and Warren Tactical (all good, user preference), but I'm always on the hunt for a better mousetrap when it comes to sights.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest gcrookston
It does seem kind of fool proof doesn't it? Of course, that is until they invent a better fool.

did someone call my name? :taunt:

Just looks like another gimmick to me, like the wrist sleeve of the '80s or the eye dot patch of the 70's (you still occasionally encounter old timers wearing those pin-hole glasses which are almost a worth-while product). Sorry for the skepticism, but is this another Ronco product?

looks kind of like a plain rear sight, lit front site with a hoop over the rear sight to block the light if you get askew. Inventive? original? unique? useful?

How about learning target aquisition the old fashioned way...."this is your blade, put it in the middle that notch, now point that all level like towards the center of where you'd like that bullet to go"

Edited by gcrookston
Guest SUNTZU
And it was developed with help from "Israeli Special Forces".

So I guess it has to be worth while.

But what if they put Elite in front of the Tactical? :D

It looked like it would be hard to get used to...especially after watching the video. Most of the time it seems the guys are looking at the rear sight and trying to line it up. I don't know how fast that would be. I guess you could get used to it. Depending on the price I might try it. Its fiber optic, so if they leave off the Elite it shouldn't get too expensive. :cool:

I'd rather use something like the Sure Sight. I had them on an XD and they indeed worked very well. Looked odd, but they worked great and were surprisingly smaller than they appeared. Fit just about every holster made for the gun.

SureSight

and no, they are nothing like the other pyramid/triangle sights out there. different principles.

Guest Todd@CIS
I'd rather use something like the Sure Sight. I had them on an XD and they indeed worked very well. Looked odd, but they worked great and were surprisingly smaller than they appeared. Fit just about every holster made for the gun.

SureSight

and no, they are nothing like the other pyramid/triangle sights out there. different principles.

+1

I tried the 1st Gen of SureSights and really loved the concept (probably the fastest sights I've ever used with no loss in accuracy).

But, mine had serious elevation issues (12" low at 25 yards...common problem on the 1st Gen Glock models).

It's too bad the owner is a liar/thief. He's long gone, but his website is still up and he'll still take your money.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904849

I'm not sure when the patent runs out, but I hope a quality manufacturer revives it when it does.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest Todd@CIS

Just looks like another gimmick to me, like the wrist sleeve of the '80s or the eye dot patch of the 70's (you still occasionally encounter old timers wearing those pin-hole glasses which are almost a worth-while product). Sorry for the skepticism, but is this another Ronco product?

looks kind of like a plain rear sight, lit front site with a hoop over the rear sight to block the light if you get askew. Inventive? original? unique? useful?

How about learning target aquisition the old fashioned way...."this is your blade, put it in the middle that notch, now point that all level like towards the center of where you'd like that bullet to go"

I'm leaning towards agreement, but then again alot of people said this kind of thing about red-dot optics on defensive/combat ARs 10 years ago (Pat Rogers calls them "The Flat Earth Society").

When they hit the market, I'll play with them and render an opinion then.

I'd like to think I'm skeptical, but not closed-minded.

Edited by Todd@CIS
+1

I tried the 1st Gen of SureSights and really loved the concept (probably the fastest sights I've ever used with no loss in accuracy).

But, mine had serious elevation issues (common problem on the 1st Gen Glock models).

It's too bad the owner is a liar/thief. He's long gone, but his website is still up and he'll still take your money.

Anyone Got Their 3rd Gen Suresights Yet ? - Glock Talk

I'm not sure when any patents run out, but I hope a quality manufacturer revives them.

Glad you posted that. i had no idea. I got mine back in '06 and had nothing but a good experience. Looks like things went down from there. They are the best sight idea I've ever seen though. Too bad.:tough:

Guest truthsayer

Aside from the gimmick aspect of the system, that sight picture is one that I started using on my IDPA guns a while ago with a blacked out factory rear and fiber front. It's super easy to pick up the front sight that way.

So, basically, it's a fibre optic front site mounted at the back, with a thin notch rear site to mimic a longer site radius? I'm not really knocking them, it just seems like this has been done already, using fibre optics up front.

Mac