Uberti & Cimarron Firearms

Guest Straight Shooter

Guest Straight Shooter

Does anyone know where these are manufactered?

Anyone here have any experiance or firsthand knowledge of how good, or bad they are. Any info appreciated.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand Beretta bought Uberti a few years ago, and the Stampede single actions they put out are essentially shiny Uberti's with the Beretta logo. Thought I never shot the Beretta nor the Uberti, I have handled both and they feel sweet. As far as Cimarron goes, I'm not real sure. They show makers like Pedersoli and Armi (other Italian gunmakers) on their website, so they might be a hodgepodge distributor. Maybe some of our CAS friends can help set us straight.

Cimmaron is made by Uberti (...and others, i think... for rifles...). Cimmarons tend to have a bit better finish. As other posters have said, Uberti is an Italian company.

My experience with them is several years old and with percussion pistols. Dragoons, colt navies, and Remington 1858's. They are a very good product. The fit and finish of all the Cimmarons i have handled (... which includes both percussion and cartridge revolvers...) is excellent.

That being said, the main problem with all the percussion type revolvers is the need to fool with them to get them right. We worked on the internals, slicking them up; and the nipples to get the caps to fit the way they need to fit to hold them on and drop off the nipples after firing like they should. It generally takes some tweaking to get them right. Once they are right, they are great. I suspect that the only thing you need to do with the cartridge revolvers is to slick them up a bit.

I think they are a great value for both percussion and cartridge revolver use if you find the caliber and barrel length you like.

Hiope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leroy

I used to have an Uberti 1873 Cattleman. It is a single action 45lc revolver. The color case hardened frame was beautiful. The fit finish and function was great. I really enjoyed but didn't use it enough so I sold it. Mne looked like this:

1873_cattleman_nm_steel.jpg

Uberti has been making all the Colt Black powder for years.

I have a 1861 navy I got back in the lat 70's, it took me some time but I got Colt to admit that Uberti made it and all the black powder for them.

I have the Colt & Uberti 1861 navy

Uberti .54 Plains rifle

Uberti 1873 cattleman

Uberti 1847 Colt Walker