I just found out...

Sandman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! If you're like me you will find that its the best thing that ever happened, even with all the trouble, pain, worry, lack of sleep, arguments, expense, noise, bad smells, responsibilty, etc,etc,etc.

Congrats! I have a 2 yr old. He's great (most of the time). Your life will change far more than you realize. Sleep now, you won't for about 2 months following the birth. If you think time flies now, just wait.

I should have read posts b4 I replied. PJman summed up my feelings exactly.

Sleep now, you won't for about 2 months following the birth. If you think time flies now, just wait.

So true! They do drain your energy as well as your wallet, but they are worth every bit of it.

Congratulations! :cool:

• 8 months later...

It doesn't get any better than this. I was as scared as I've ever been when we were sent home, all alone, with our first child. He didn't come with instructions or anything. I couldn't be prouder of my children, and know you'll feel the same. Spend all the time you can with your child. You won't regret it.

I was eating breakfast today and my wife shows me a pregnancy test that she took this morning. Positive. It appears that I'm gonna be a first time father...I'm speechless, nervous, scared, awed...I'm just about any adjective you can think of. We are confirming tomorrow so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. All this to say, be watching the classifieds soon...I will probably need some money.

Good luck and God Bless - keep us updated. Nature seems to work pretty darned well, so all should be good. And hey, now you will have a little guy or gal to teach guns and the shooting sports to and if you are a hunter, a companion. Although I don't hunt anymore, some of greatest memories of my late Dad were spending time with him and friends/family out hunting - even if all we did was spend a day outside and get nothing.

Again, all the best to you and your Wife and the soon to be little JohnnyFox.

Maybe I should have started a new thread but my little one is here! I posted the found out thing about 8 months ago! She is beautiful and healthy and an angel during the day...when the sun goes down she becomes a sweet little demon...but we love her all the same!