Loose Ejector on Dan Wesson

Guest Plainsman

Guest Plainsman

I purchased a Dan Wesson CBOB recently, which was a used gun that appeared to be in great shape. I got some range time with it this weekend (120 rounds)which I had three FTF, which I contribute to the magazine I was using. Upon cleaning it today I noticed that my ejector was loose. I've never come across this problem, and its my understanding that an ejector should be rock solid on the frame. I can see the pin holding the ejector in, but can lift the ejector slightly and can see the legs of the ejector. There is also some slight wear on the rear of the ejector as well. I guess my question is: Is this something which I can replace myself--just order the new Ed Brown ejector from Midway; or should I send the gun back to Dan Wesson or allow a local gunsmith to complete the job? Sucks to have problems with a new and pricey 1911. I am really looking forward to carrying this gun!

Edit: I thought that I saw the pin holding the ejector....upon further inspection, the pin is not present. Not sure if the pin was simply never there, or fell out during fire (not surehow this could happen).

Edited by Plainsman
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Push a correct size punch thru the hole to see if there is a pin there. If not the ejector may have just been glued. If you want to remove the ejector, place the ejector in a vise and pull the frame away carefully in a strait line, you don`t want to break one of the legs off in the frame, If the ejector has a notch in the front leg you can just order a pin from the above web site. If you need/want a new ejector you will need to notch the front leg to pin it in. I just finished one useing a small triangle file to cut the notch, a little tricky to cut the notch the right depth, but with no mech. ability, it fit fine. If you buy, try to buy one that matches the one you have, or you may have to reshape it to get a proper ejection pattern, you can use the one you have as a model. Good luck

Guest Plainsman

Thanks for the response. I ended up just taking it back to Hero to have Jeff put a new ejector on it. No worries. I"ll put it through another good run when I get it back. I don't forsee any other problems.