Reloading Class

It has been mentioned but I do not know if it has been done before, if anyone would like to participate in a reloading class, I would be glad to help. I have been loading since 1981, casting on and off since then also. I may not have seen it all but I dang sure have seen a lot of it.

Anyways, if someone has a place to meet I am sure we could start by giving a basic tutorial on how to's, equipment needed for the different types (such as pistol vs AR vs precision rifle) not all equipment is the same, some pitfalls, safe guards, etc. We can also cover components such as powder types and their uses, bullets, primer, brass etc.

Could be fun and could be boken up by region. So east TN guys jump in, I am in middle TN, west TN jump in also.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this post.

I sure would be interested. I just started shooting a year ago...love it. Currently have 9mm. .38special revolver and .22 semiauto. Its funny, I like shooting the .38 the most just cuz the trigger is so smooth. Unfortunately .38 is plenty expensive, and somewhat scarce.

Gray

I think that is a great idea; where were you a few months back when I was trying to figure out what to buy?:)

Next up on my list is 357 sig. My first bottleneck so I'm sure I will have questions...

Mark

I just found this post.

I sure would be interested. I just started shooting a year ago...love it. Currently have 9mm. .38special revolver and .22 semiauto. Its funny, I like shooting the .38 the most just cuz the trigger is so smooth. Unfortunately .38 is plenty expensive, and somewhat scarce.

Gray

You're in luck! I very good friend just sent me about 65 pounds of brass...all .38 caliber.

if you're in E. Tn, you're welcome to come pick some up at the next shoot.

I'll be happy to give you an ammo can full.:)

I'm still up to teaching a class, We need a place to meet and some people who want to attend. Just to get started we could work directly from reloading manuals. Ya'll just let me know. I am stretched a little for time right now but I can find a evening free other than Wed or Fridays.

Guest KustomHD

I have been looking into reloading for some time, and saveing brass mostly .45 auto, 9mm auto, and .38 now .45 long colt with the price of factory loads it would be more worth while to reload for target range practice. I would be up for a class on reloading. I am in the Murfreesboro area.

Hey Kustom, you wouldnt happen to be the "Kustom" that use to reside on SoCal would you?

I have been looking into reloading for some time, and saveing brass mostly .45 auto, 9mm auto, and .38 now .45 long colt with the price of factory loads it would be more worth while to reload for target range practice. I would be up for a class on reloading. I am in the Murfreesboro area.
A few months ago OP was hitting the submit button on this thread. :meh:

Well, one of the chipmunks in my head wandered off so now I only have one running on the little round wheel...

I did think this thread looked vaguely familiar but I obviously didn't look closely enough

Mark

I have 8 or 9 presses set up my reloading room is 12 x 36 just don't have alot of time right now .willing to use my reloading room for class I live out river road between Nashville and Ashland city.I have dillon lee star cpm bonanza redding lyman most anything you would like to try.