Rock Island Armory Tactical

Guest walkingdeadman

Guest walkingdeadman

Hey everyone I was just strolling through some different sites tonight and came

across this brand of 1911. I personally think that the gun is a superb looking gun. I have never even laid a hand on one of these guns. So what does everyone think about Rock Island?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

Nice gun for the money (I have heard that somewhere before).

I have been strongly considering one. They have a real nice trigger pull on them.

I use my RIA as a secondary carry pistol,its by far an excellent firearm for the money.So far out of about 300 rounds of FMJ and JHP,not a malfunction in the bunch.I would buy one again,although I dont plan on getting rid of the one I have.

IMG_1033.jpg

This is my primary and secondary

Guest walkingdeadman
I use my RIA as a secondary carry pistol,its by far an excellent firearm for the money.So far out of about 300 rounds of FMJ and JHP,not a malfunction in the bunch.I would buy one again,although I dont plan on getting rid of the one I have.

IMG_1033.jpg

What model is that one on the right? Are those grips the ones that came on it? Can you customize these 1911s like you can the Colts, Springfields, etc??

I have a RIA Tactical and it's a great shooter. I was suprised by the accuracy. It's got a smooth trigger and hasn't failed to eat anything I've fed it. I added some checkered grips and improved the feel over the original smooth grips. It can't be beat for the money. In fact, it may be worth twice the money. The Tactical is my second RIA. I also have a Compact. I wouldn't have bought the second if I wasn't impressed by the first. If you're wanting to customize, this is a great place to start. I picked it up at Bellshire Hardware in Nashville. Great folks to deal with.

I have been a fan for a while. I don't have one yet. I was at a gunshow in memphis last weekend. There were a couple of RIA Tacticals and an Armscorp tactical in commander size. RIA and Armscorp is the same. That commander size was really nice. $450+/-. If i would have had the cash i would have left with it. If you want a 1911 and don't want to spend $650 on a mil-spec, RIA is the way to go. A lot of people use them for custom builds. STI uses Armscorp forgings for their Spartan. I wish they made a 9mm. I would like to get a full size 9mm for target and plates.

Edited by gotigers
What model is that one on the right? Are those grips the ones that came on it? Can you customize these 1911s like you can the Colts, Springfields, etc??

Its a Springfield EMP .40S&W,the grips are G10 Horned Lizards and they came on the pistol from the factory.Most 1911's you can replace parts and customize to your liking,however on the EMP they are designed from scratch to feed and fire the 9mm and .40 S&W,therefore some of the dimensions are quite different.

IMG_1033.jpg

Holy crap. that EMP is sexy.. :whistle::drool::koolaid:

STI uses Armscorp forgings for their Spartan. I wish they made a 9mm. I would like to get a full size 9mm for target and plates.

Someone at STI must've been thinking the same thing as you and I: STI International - The STI

RIA Tacticals are great guns as is and can be made extra-great cheaply and easily, wish I never got rid of mine.

The STI Spartan is pretty much the same thing with more care spent on better fitting, and all the internals brought up to STI's fine standards for not a whole lot more cash... I've been thinking of getting one for a while now and doubt I'll pass on the first one I come across "in-the-flesh" and may end up ordering the 9mm...

Guest walkingdeadman

I can't seem to find many RIA Tacticals. I think that's the way I'm leaning. Gunbrokers has a couple, but not what I am looking for.

I can't seem to find many RIA Tacticals. I think that's the way I'm leaning. Gunbrokers has a couple, but not what I am looking for.

Bellshire Hardware on Dickerson in Nashville, search by seller on gunbroker, they're "bellshireguns" think their Tactical's run about $430 or so which is a steal...

Good luck.