Didn't watch!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know. Health care touches everybody, so I wonder if some of the other issues will be such hot topics. I hope the people stay in their face on the issues.

Time for a 10 million man march on DC if you ask me. Peaceful but demand a few resignations and a veto of the new bill.

Guest Bronker
Don't know. Health care touches everybody, so I wonder if some of the other issues will be such hot topics. I hope the people stay in their face on the issues.

Time for a 10 million man march on DC if you ask me. Peaceful but demand a few resignations and a veto of the new bill.

Will never happen. I wish I felt otherwise, but Americans are complacent and lazy. Myself included. We're too busy fighting for our own existence at home to take on issues of this magnitude. We just hope 'somebody else' will take care of it...and us. Somewhere along the way, we have castrated ourselves.

You always hear about the 'silent majority' of Conservative Americans, but therein lies our greatest threat. The 'silent' part.

Will never happen. I wish I felt otherwise, but Americans are complacent and lazy. Myself included. We're too busy fighting for our own existence at home to take on issues of this magnitude. We just hope 'somebody else' will take care of it...and us. Somewhere along the way, we have castrated ourselves.

You always hear about the 'silent majority' of Conservative Americans, but therein lies our greatest threat. The 'silent' part.

+1 well said. That being said I have been surprised before by the American people. I hope I am again.

Guest Bronker
+1 well said. That being said I have been surprised before by the American people. I hope I am again.

As was said earlier, if / when this trickles down to the large majority of folks like me and you that fit the profile outlined in my signature line, maybe we'll get off our soft, comfortable butts and do something.

Heck, you can't even get people to come to a local school board meeting, let alone take up the fight against a federal government gone awry.

You're absolutely right. Smith has a good question, though... what would be the final straw before people say "enough"? Maybe when DC interferes with our own existence at home the 'silent majority' will find its voice. At least it's not quite as silent as a year ago.

Guest Bronker

God help us. ;)

1 Thessalonians 5:2-10

For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.

For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

Since armed revolt seems to be off the table for now, one of the most effective to fight a totalitarian government (I believe we are on the verge of having one) has been a General Strike. These bastards expect the most productive members of our society to pay for all their backroom deals. So what happens when those productive members all of a sudden cease to be productive?

All of my life, I have been a happy and proud American. I have gone to work, voted, paid my taxes and tried to lend a hand to those who were less fortunate than myself.Now, I'm MAD AS HELL.

Everything I have always believed in has been spit on, pissed on and dragged through the mud. My rights to self determination are being threatened by, as Ayn Rand would say, a "looter mentality".

It's time that the Sleeping Giant awakens. The alarm is sounding, yet we seem to be pressing the snooze button. We are being overrun by radicals, yet we have not found the radical within ourselves. These people are counting on our lack of resolve.

They count on us not using their tactics. They count on us not stooping to their levels or lower. That's why they feel comfortable in dictating our lives.

I say lets get down on their level. Let's show our resolve. If we think they have stooped too low, grab a pick and a shovel and stoop lower. If we are unwilling to drop the gloves, we are a lost cause.

Guest uofmeet

Hopefully the 30 sometimes states will arise and create a constitutional crisis and challenge this. According to the constitution, the federal government can't control this. it is a states right thing, i think.