Ar-15 stock wrench multitool

Guest 308Phantom

Guest 308Phantom

Can some of you all that have built ar's give a guy a suggestion on a stock wrench/multitool that doesn't suck? I got one and its aluminum and the teeth broke and have scratched my buffer tube. i'm in La vergne and maybe if someones close to me we could hook up and let me "borrow" one. I am trying to put on a magpul sling adapter. Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest J.D.D

I dont know if that one is the right tool to remove the Castlenut or not! It dont appear to have the notches that fit the nut.

I do not know much about these. I am trying to replace the sling adaptor on a Rugar SR-22 for my nephew. He wants a single point sling .

The other link shows a wrench that looks more like a castlenut wrench.

Edited by J.D.D

This probably has more to do with the locktite under the nut rather than what type tool you used or will use. I also broke a castlenut wrench trying to install an adaptor for a single point sling on my Rock River AR. I finally sent the lower back to them and they installed the adaptor and sent me back a new wrench.

You have to really heat that nut up with a heat gun. If you don't loosen that locktite up from the factory install, you will continue to break wrenches and nick up the rifle. Get it vised down good, heat it till it's to hot to touch away from the nut itself and then crank down on it. Should break loose at that point. If not, you're probably looking at sending it back as well.

The good ones will smoke a hot dog (albeit unevenly) in under a minute!!

Seriously, we have one for the wife's crafts but I have used it to remove paint, shrink wrap and assist in drying glues and paint. You just have to be real careful as it will burn you and items very easily!