Bart Gordon in the bag on Obamacare

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06

Constitutional Convention time. The states can shut this down and Congress and POTUS can not do a damn thing about it. We can shut it down before the first dime gets taken.

Guest 270win

It is sickening that the bill cannot even be properly voted on by the looks of things. Some wierd way of doing a 'procedure' on Sunday without a true full floor vote. How is that even Constitutional? Something about this doesn't even sound right...I'm not a lawyer but i've never seen this done before...especially on something so unpopular and something that affects so many people and the economy.

Guest 6.8 AR
Constitutional Convention time. The states can shut this down and Congress and POTUS can not do a damn thing about it. We can shut it down before the first dime gets taken.

It may be the only thing left to do, short of a civil war. I think it's time, also.

Guest redbarron06
It is sickening that the bill cannot even be properly voted on by the looks of things. Some wierd way of doing a 'procedure' on Sunday without a true full floor vote. How is that even Constitutional? Something about this doesn't even sound right...I'm not a lawyer but i've never seen this done before...especially on something so unpopular and something that affects so many people and the economy.

This bill violates 10A it violates Article 1 Sec 7 (SS 1 and 2) and all of section 8.

If a convention can not be held and put big gov back in thier place then for those who value freedom the choices are slim. I pray to god it does not get to that point. As much as I hate to admit it it may be time for the United States to "un" unite.

Guest redbarron06
still cant believe its legal to sell a vote for the Nasa Job he is getting when he "retires"

Any reference or link to the NASA Job?

Better be carefull asking for a constitutional convention. It won't be the run or managed by good people with good intentions. These same SOB's both Dem's and Repub's running things now will run it and they will erase what few freedoms you have left, steal anything that's left and make slaves of us all. Not that they won't accomplish that anyway in the near future.

Guest redbarron06
Better be carefull asking for a constitutional convention. It won't be the run or managed by good people with good intentions. These same SOB's both Dem's and Repub's running things now will run it and they will erase what few freedoms you have left, steal anything that's left and make slaves of us all. Not that they won't accomplish that anyway in the near future.

Without risk there is no reward. If it goes that way then we may have no choice but to take up arms. Personally I dont think it will go that way but I do admit there is that possibility.

In order to gain we must at least try. If we do not try then the only one we can blame, is the face in the mirror. I have sworn to lay down much more than my freedom for this country and that oath has no experation. Right now the largest threat to the Constitution, are the people at the highest level in the country. I will continue to defend that Constitution until one of us in gone. Voting has has become an activity that many in this country only go through the paces to check the block. If we want to leave a country to our children and grandchildren where they can enjoy the freedoms and the liberties that our grandparents had, then we must consider every option we have.

Guest 6.8 AR
still cant believe its legal to sell a vote for the Nasa Job he is getting when he "retires"

I don't think it's legal, but I don't think anyone has really challenged them in court.

Guest 6.8 AR
Without risk there is no reward. If it goes that way then we may have no choice but to take up arms. Personally I dont think it will go that way but I do admit there is that possibility.

In order to gain we must at least try. If we do not try then the only one we can blame, is the face in the mirror. I have sworn to lay down much more than my freedom for this country and that oath has no experation. Right now the largest threat to the Constitution, are the people at the highest level in the country. I will continue to defend that Constitution until one of us in gone. Voting has has become an activity that many in this country only go through the paces to check the block. If we want to leave a country to our children and grandchildren where they can enjoy the freedoms and the liberties that our grandparents had, then we must consider every option we have.

I think you're right. This won't get fixed until we take the country back from the criminals in DC. The alternatives are very undesirable.

A comment from one of the members of the local tea party group:

According to citydata.com , there are 5797290 Tennesseans. He sold us collectively for $99,000,000.00.

Do you realize he considers you (and me) to be worth only $17.08 each? That’s exactly what he sold each and every one of us for.

The Democrats have done it! Now, I believe the following will happen.

1. Emboldened by the passage of Obamacare they will go for amnesty for the 30 million illegals. That's what this was all about in the first place IMHO.

2. As soon as they get amnesty for illegals, they're going to come after out guns in a way that will make the Clinton Firearms grab look like child's play!

And, whose going to stop them... the same people that stopped them from passing socialized medicine? yea right.

1. Emboldened by the passage of Obamacare they will go for amnesty for the 30 million illegals. That's what this was all about in the first place IMHO.

2. As soon as they get amnesty for illegals, they're going to come after out guns in a way that will make the Clinton Firearms grab look like child's play!

And, whose going to stop them... the same people that stopped them from passing socialized medicine? yea right.

We can only hope that they don't try that until after November and with a non-filibuster proof House/Senate. Unfortunately, Obama is willing to pay them all off to get what he wants.

you're right on, and it won't wait until Nov. for sure. The dems have already sealed their fates with this vote, Rahm and the other handlers know this so expect a flurry of unpopular bills to quickly sail to the halls of congress. They are already screwed in Nov. everyone knows that, why not go all in? At this point there's little for them to loose.

keep your powder dry boys, it's just about time break it out.