Rabbi (Bill Bernstein-Eastside) makes the Nashville Scene :-D

Easy for you to say.

Just my $0.02

Well put Eddie.

RIP Misty.

I have resisted commenting long enough, so let me throw a few opinions out there:

1. I think ANY positive press the firearms industry, and pro-gun community can earn is a step in the right direction.

The fact that Bill was featured in a liberal/commie rag and they didnt try to blast him or gun rights is a great victory for us.

So- Lets give credit where credit is due.

NOW.....

2. Bill aka The Rabbi has a long history of stirring up trouble on TGO, other gun forums, and it seems that even the local Nashville listserv crowd has some pretty vocal members that seem to have a strong distaste for his "witty" opinions and banter.

He has been banned from TGO, and a host of other webforums.

Don't belive me? ask him. Im sure he would be proud to let you know how many ignorant forum administators banned him for (im sure "unfounded") actions.

It seems that Bill enjoys stirring the pot, and takes pride in the controversy that he creates.

Cool, thats his right as a tax paying American, and I support his freedoms of both opinion and speech.

What I DON'T support (or more accurately, appreciate) is when his freedom of speech steps over that imaginary line that separates fun/witty and distasteful;

When Marswolf died, Bill was an insensitive prick about the entire situation.

Bill lost a lot of "fans" in doing so.

When Misty passed way, again Bill was a bully and downright insensitive.

Again, Bill didnt make any friends with these actions.

When Bill was finally banned from TGO (after a ton of warnings, "Time Outs", and other administrative actions) he left and started www.tncivilsociety.com • Index page

For the record, I think that he made the right move.

He didnt like the way TGO was being run, so he did what I feel this country was founded on: Don't like the way something is run? Go out and try to do it better somewhere else!

What I find interesting is the fact that Bill has used www.tncivilsociety.com • Index page as a sounding board to lash out against TGO, David, TGO Mods, and yes- even Hero-Gear.

If TGO and the members suck so bad, why would you spend you time talking about them?

I believe that most/all of his Admin/Mods are very active members here at TGO, so I guess Bill is the only one sitting on the TGO sidelines.

*which again, is a result of his own actions.

IN MY OPINION; TGO, David, and the rest of the staff have taken the high road since Bill left.

Unfortunately, Bill does not show the same respect.

Case in point?

In the very article we are discussing, Bill took the time to single TGO out, paint the members as Navy SEAL fan-boys, and paramilitary types.

How is that "civil" as his website claims to be?

So let me congratulate Bill, his shop, staff, and forum members for some (generally) positive press.

In a society where the press has their liberal hands around everything we do, I think he did fairly well to represent himself and gun owners in general as more than a bunch of hillbillys living in a cave and clinging to our guns and religion.

I wish he would have had more class, and not used the article as an opportunity to jab TGO and all of our paramilitary mall ninjas :D

What would I like to see in the future?

No negative references to Bill or Eastside here at TGO

No TCS members coming here to "promote" Eastside (Bill lost that right when he was banned)

No more jabs pointed at TGO or David over at TCS.

(Do I really think Bill is interested in being "civil" over on his forum? not really, but one could always hope)

* You will notice that I have not asked that he limit his jabs and snide remarks about myself or Hero-Gear. (Because I think those remarks only make him look like an ass)

**Disclaimer

Im sure some may feel that my opinions are biased by the fact that Bill and I are in the same industry, and may be viewed as "competitors"

Let me state for the record that I do not, nor have I ever viewed Eastside Gun Shop as a competitor. He has his market, and I have my market.

Bill runs Eastside as he sees fit, and I wish him all the success in the world.

He has a new line of ammunition out, and I hope that is successful as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd personally prefer this not be rehashed... Bill said some insensetive things but he did also offer what I truly believe were heartfelt condolances. I haven't given it another thought, forgiven, forgotten, moved on with what's left of my life and hold no grudges.

I don't think Bill is a bad guy at all... a bit full of himself, intellectually, but wouldn't intentionally hurt anybody further than frustrate them with sarcasm, he's no longer here because he doesn't play well with others, that's all. I was actually happy to see he got some press, and that it was pretty positive overall.

The only thing that ruffled my feathers was the assertion that I should 'Grow up and get over it', as if it should have been taken so lightly. He is an @$$hole... and if that's out of line, I'll be happy to ban myself.

But back on topic... I enjoyed the article, made me giggle.

Guest Jamie

I don't know Rabi/Bill, but I have to say he sounds like an *interesting fellow... though one I probably wouldn't get along with too well.

I am glad to see gun owners and the gun industry get some positive press for a change, and my hat's off to him for that, at least.

J.

*As in the old curse "may you live in interesting times".

• Administrator
Wow...this is really gettin re-hashed? Bill never mocked that tragedy...what he mocked was the color pink because he thought it was some social clique...he never knew that it was because of the tragedy Eddie experienced. The way TGO David put it makes it sound like he did and thats completely not true. When Eddie's tragedy was brought to light he did not say another word about it and shut his mouth.

That's "not exactly how it happened" either but I know you and Bill are tight so the literary liberties you take in downplaying it are expected. No skin off my schmeckle [sp]. (Oh look, I made a Gentile joke)

Wow....too bad to hear that. Bill is a great guy. VERY intelligent. Not sure I would call that article a "journalistic abortion"......Sounds like you just have something personal to deal with there.

Sounds like you need to read more before posting.

This thread is done. I re-opened it because Steelharp more or less demanded (nicely) that I reconsider. I reconsidered and against my initial better judgment, did indeed re-open it. Now I'm pretty sure my gut reaction to close it down was the right choice.

/thread