Rabbi (Bill Bernstein-Eastside) makes the Nashville Scene :-D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as he likes to razz lefties, Bernstein has been known to poke fun at the hardcore paramilitary-wannabe crowd. Over at tngunowners.com, where some members lust after weapons used by Navy SEALs and such, Bernstein ruffled some feathers when he listed an ad for a classic deer rifle he was selling: "Winchester 30/30 lever-action deer rifle, used by Army snipers in Panama." Though he was obviously joking, he was booted from the site for false advertising.

thats funny.

this is funnier

Frequent listserv contributor Mike Adkins, an East Nashville landscaper, isn't shy when expressing his feelings about Bernstein. He writes, "Closet racist, hateful, not well-informed, ignorant, fearful, given to lash out in an immature moronic fashion when presented with simple questions. ... There's a lot of folks around here doing positive things that merit a story, not ****ing Bernstein. I say this with a sense of sympathy towards him."

Another regular commenter who goes by the name of "landotter" shares similar sentiments: "He's a religious fundamentalist arms dealer who pushes fear and racism, then offers weapons as a solution to that which he foments. Can you imagine the attitude towards him if he was a fundie Muslim? Might be a bit different. Giving him more exposure is shameful."

Guest mustangdave

Good article...3 pages in...will have to finish it later...The SCENE huh? Surprised they haven't attempted to really smear him...as LEFTY as that rag is.

• Administrator

Paramilitary types? We're as much paramilitary around here as Bill is not an a--hole. :)

I'm gad to see that the Nashville Scene has nothing better to do than write a seven page smooch-fest about Rabbi. The author must have gotten a smoking deal on a gun in exchange for that journalistic abortion.

Regardless of personal opinion, it is quite an achievement in this time of so much negative press because of Leonard to have an actual pro-gun write-up in Nashville's most notorious left wing "hate us" rag. Congrats for all of us, not just Mr. Bernstein.

Regardless of personal opinion, it is quite an achievement in this time of so much negative press because of Leonard to have an actual pro-gun write-up in Nashville's most notorious left wing "hate us" rag. Congrats for all of us, not just Mr. Bernstein.

+1 :eek:

Guest Bronker

I'll +1 that, Harp.

Guest JavaGuy

I quite agree with the sentiments expressed by both Steel and Magic.

David, in my opinion this was an excellent article. It showed Bill as a real person, warts and all. Yep, and not as the frothing at the mouth idiot that many anti-gun people believe ALL of us to be.

You know this.. tell people that you own guns, that you have a HCP and they think you're hunting an excuse to shoot someone. And when you have Kwik running around with an AK-47 pistol (legal but...), well.. it's my opinion that gun owners need all the good press that we can get.

I think the write up was good. I still can't believe the Nashville Scene published it.I was getting tires put on early this morning when it was delivered and my children stated they knew that man.

The reference to gun ownership in Germany is not entirely correct. I still am a member at two shooting clubs in Germany and have hunted often there in the past. They do have registration there. I guess some were just sheltered.

He was before my time. Anyone care to elaborate?

Jewish gun dealer in East Nashville that took a particular fondness to pissing off David in multiple ways. Had a complete disregard for the forum's administrators and moderators. Broke code of conduct rules on multiple occasions even after MANY warnings. Got into a public pissing match with Joe@Hero-Gear and afterwards Joe made a public apology and Rabbi refused to.

he was quite arrogant IMO, I never liked him

mods: if this is too much info on a buried subject, I apologize and I know it will be edited if so.

Edited by nightrunner
  • Administrator

Don't forget the fact that Bill, the super nice guy, also made it a point to mock the death of a wife of a very well regarded member here. Several days after she passed.

I don't care if Bernstein suddenly gains the ability to heal the sick and bring about world peace, he will forever remain a piece of sh-t for that in my book. There are some things you JUST. DON'T. DO.

I guess some of you prefer to overlook that.

Guest Bronker

His online behavior sure didn't match his off-screen demeanor. Online, I couldn't hardly stand to read his posts. He often left quite the post-inflammatory carnage, and as mentioned had little regard for rules and reg's.

However, I have dealt with him often in his shop with purchases of both firearms and accessories. 100% of the time he has gone out of his way to get what I wanted and has always given me a great deal. Great customer service.

Therefore, I can't say I've ever had a problem with him personally.

Don't forget the fact that Bill, the super nice guy, also made it a point to mock the death of a wife of a very well regarded member here. Several days after she passed.

I don't care if Bernstein suddenly gains the ability to heal the sick and bring about world peace, he will forever remain a piece of sh-t for that in my book. There are some things you JUST. DON'T. DO.

I guess some of you prefer to overlook that.

Thats ****ed up. I knew he was way out there but I didnt know he was that low.