S.R.P

willis68

I managed to work out a payment plan with a gentleman on another forum on this Les Baer SRP (swift response pistol) he ordered two exactly as I would have ordered it, he carries one and is selling me the extra NIB pistol. Single side tactical safety and no front cocking serrations with a 30 LPI checkered mainspring housing, Bearcoat it will be a few to several months before I have it.

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats willis68, a very fine looking pistol and a excellent choice.

Looks all business to me, also have you had a chance to break in the TRS

yet?

Not yet, If I get the chance next week I will if not whenever I get the chance I will send you the photos that you requested :koolaid:

Not yet, If I get the chance next week I will if not whenever I get the chance I will send you the photos that you requested :koolaid:

Thanks you sir, a question for you, I'm seriously considering a Custom

Carry in stainless(I really like stainless) is there a dealer in this area

you perfer to deal with and trust on a custom order item like this?

Thanks you sir, a question for you, I'm seriously considering a Custom

Carry in stainless(I really like stainless) is there a dealer in this area

you perfer to deal with and trust on a custom order item like this?

Contact Joe at Hero Gear, they are in Winchester, or Guns and Leather in Greenbrier I have the ultimate respect for both of them :)

Congrats and nice find... I had 2 SRP's and they are fantastic pistols....

Thanks Kano,

I am looking forward to it. I was very lucky to find one just the way I wanted from a gentleman who is letting me make payments :)

Contact Joe at Hero Gear, they are in Winchester, or Guns and Leather in Greenbrier I have the ultimate respect for both of them :)

I am glad to hear you feel that way, I will have to reconsider Guns & Leahter, maybe its that they have been so busy, but I haven't been that impressed with them. Never been to HeroGear so don't know Joe and after seeing the Damascus Slide not sure I want too...lol (seriously only kidding). I need to take a Saturday and drive down and check the place out (Hero Gear). Thanks for your input.

Guest BigShot

VERY nice!! :bat:

The only thing I would change, for me, would be an arched mainspring housing for my ham hands. Lucky Lady hugged you with the payment plan too. You done GOOD!!

I am glad to hear you feel that way, I will have to reconsider Guns & Leahter, maybe its that they have been so busy, but I haven't been that impressed with them. Never been to HeroGear so don't know Joe and after seeing the Damascus Slide not sure I want too...lol (seriously only kidding). I need to take a Saturday and drive down and check the place out (Hero Gear). Thanks for your input.

They do get kinda "stuck" on a customer sometimes. I was just commenting to a friend about that the other day. But get their attention and they'll treat you right. And their prices are pretty good too.

• 1 month later...

Decided to pass on this one, when I talked to the owner I asked him if what I saw in the pictures were from the lighting, well it turns out that Les Baer sends his SRP's out for Bear-coat treatment and when they come back he refits the parts which includes sanding off the coating and it leaves bare metal as seen in some pictures he sent me, I really did not care for that on a pistol this expensive

Edited by willis68
Decided to pass on this one, when I talked to the owner I asked him if what I saw in the pictures were from the lighting, well it turns out that Les Baer sends his SRP's out for Bear-coat treatment and when they come back he refits the parts which includes sanding off the coating and it leaves bare metal as seen in some pictures he sent me, I really did not care for that on a pistol this expensive

Awfully nice of the guy to let you cancel out a month later...I agree with you I would not want bare metal on a gun this nice/expensive either.

Magic since you asked,

Ordered an Ed Brown Executive carry

Stainless/Stainless

Naked Slide

Crowned Barrel

Recessed Slide Stop

3.5 pound trigger with zero creep

Genuine Novak rear Yellow Tritium

Genuine Novak front Green Tritium

VZ Gator Back Black thin grips

I got a heck of a good deal on this, it will cost me less than a stock Executive Carry and I have a year to pay it off

Edited by willis68

Thats sounds pretty freakin awesome! :D

Magic since you asked,

Ordered an Ed Brown Executive carry

Stainless/Stainless

Naked Slide

Crowned Barrel

Recessed Slide Stop

3.5 pound trigger with zero creep

Genuine Novak rear Yellow Tritium

Genuine Novak front Green Tritium

VZ Gator Back thin grips

I got a heck of a good deal on this, it will cost me less than a stock Executive Carry and I have a year to pay it off