if guns wer made illegal how would us citizens react?

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

I don't think they would just knock on peoples door and if you said you didn't have any they would simply leave. there is technology out there that they could x-ray check the walls and ceiling if they wanted to. I would be giving them my bullet at 2300+FPS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I still say, if the govt. is coming around confiscating guns, door to door, nationwide, we have a lot of other bigger problems going on.

I still say, if the govt. is coming around confiscating guns, door to door, nationwide, we have a lot of other bigger problems going on.

Yup.

I wouldn't give mine up just willy nilly, but in the fantasy world some seem to have with this subject, I'm not going to shoot someone knocking on my door to get them either. I'd rather be alive then be killed in a shootout over something.

Guest 6.8 AR

I would, too, strickj. But they might knock on the door. I just wouldn't answer it. If guns are ever made illegal in this country, I'll be gone or dead. I won't give freedom up and I won't acknowledge that law, or, for that matter, their right to exist.

Edited by 6.8 AR
correction
Guest jackdm3

Lots of unsolicited visitors darken my door in my area. I've got an IR (for nighttime) security camera pointed at my visitors. That plus being on the do-not-call list and screening phone calls make life so much easier.

Guest db99wj
Is that even cheaper than "Jennings"? :-)

- OS

yea, those, the ones that come in the blue or red, or pink alloy...

I saw one once at a pawn shop, couldn't think of the name, googled, Jensen and Jensen Arms came up...who knew:wall::)

I sold all my guns after reading some Brady Campaign literature. So no problem for me. :)

...and they would expect that. They couldn't really get good results without tossing every house in the US. It's a pretty huge manpower requirement.

Not gonna happen anyway, but if it did, they're not going to stand on the front porch and wait for you to bring them out.

As for me... I forgot the combination.

Guest Jamie

As for me... I forgot the combination.

You might'a forgotten your combination, but I know a lot of people that haven't forgotten how to build a gun. Myself included in that.

Even if the government somehow managed to round up every legal gun in the U.S., they'll also have to round up all the machinery in every machine shop as well, and stop anyone from having access to mills and such, to keep the guns gone.

The genie is out of the bottle, and there ain't no putting it back.

Honestly, I don't even know why people like to talk about this stuff... Because every country that's tried it is still up to their ears in firearms.

J.

You might'a forgotten your combination, but I know a lot of people that haven't forgotten how to build a gun. Myself included in that.

Even if the government somehow managed to round up every legal gun in the U.S., they'll also have to round up all the machinery in every machine shop as well, and stop anyone from having access to mills and such, to keep the guns gone.

The genie is out of the bottle, and there ain't no putting it back.

Honestly, I don't even know why people like to talk about this stuff... Because every country that's tried it is still up to their ears in firearms.

J.

I know how to make a potato cannon, and my .45 ACP rounds would be damn near as deadly with a slingshot as they are thru the 1911 :)

Guest Jamie
I know how to make a potato cannon, and my .45 ACP rounds would be damn near as deadly with a slingshot as they are thru the 1911 :)

If you can build a potato cannon, I'll find you some steel pipe and teach you how to build rockets and cannons. :D

Should be able to "acquire" a few new rifles and such with those. :)

J.

If you can build a potato cannon, I'll find you some steel pipe and teach you how to build rockets and cannons. :)

Should be able to "acquire" a few new rifles and such with those. :)

J.

We already did the preliminary work on the Spud Magnum. Tripod mounted, all steel pipe, and a different propellant

Guest Jamie
....and a different propellant

Thinking about that part... people go on about hiding their guns, but I would think that powder, primers, bullets, cases, and ammunition in general would be much more valuable and harder to come by than the guns themselves.

The steel and other materials to build guns is pretty much laying around all over the place... those other things, not so much.

J.

I agree fully.

as for me, in the immediate time, I would try to cache most of mine in a remote location except for a few personal defense arms and would hide them in a quickly accessible location. I wouldnt give up any.

I have a feeling that in the following months and years that I would end up being a "gun runner" instead of todays "drug runners"

Guest 1817ak47
We already did the preliminary work on the Spud Magnum. Tripod mounted, all steel pipe, and a different propellant
you should post a pic of that

If guns were made illegal 99% of the population of this country (and gun forums) would turn them in either voluntarily at a collection point or when the law comes knocking on the door.

The remaining, roughly 3 million (1%) of the population, would either make or break a new society.

Big talk is just that - talk...until the Man comes knocking on the door.

I've already sold my stuff at the gun show. :)

Guest Jamie
If guns were made illegal 99% of the population of this country (and gun forums) would turn them in either voluntarily at a collection point or when the law comes knocking on the door.

You know why that is, don't ya?

'Cause 99% of the people in this country are f***ing STUPID! :)

J.

Guest db99wj
You know why that is, don't ya?

'Cause 99% of the people in this country are f***ing STUPID! :)

J.

You my friend just won the internet for the rest of the day! One of the best posts ever!:)

Also another thought, if this country does head to and ultimately get to that point, there will be several states that will be their own countries by then. I"m about 5 hours from one, have family already there!