RUGER SR-22

Guest J.D.D

Guest J.D.D

I have been looking for a rifle in 22 cal. I have looked at the SIG, S&W,

COLT, and RUGER SR-22.

Does anyone have any experence with the RUGER? I have read about the other 3 but have not seen any write up on the RUGER.

I found one at the local gun shop today and it seems to feel better in my hands than the other 3. Has anyone shot the RUGER?

Info. from RUGER,s site!

A autoloading, rimfire rifle that combines the legendary reliability of the Ruger® 10/22® with the ergonomics and configurability of the new AR-style Ruger SR-556™. The new SR-22 Rifle allows shooters to use economical .22 LR ammunition, while still enjoying the look and feel of an “AR” and experiencing the reliability they have come to appreciate from Ruger.

Edited by J.D.D
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigShot

The GunTest magazine recently done a review on the Ruger SR-22 and rated it an "A-", I think. They really liked it overall. The only thing I remember them knocking was the 10 round Ruger mags and release not having the lines and function of an AR. Ya'know for a trainer. As far as shooting, top notch!!

Pro's: It's a 10/22.

Con's: It doesnt really "look" like an AR. Really just looks like they took an Archangel kit and put it on a rifle. Takes 10/22 mags, which could be a good thing.

Personally, I prefer the Sig with its Blackdog mags versus any of the others (The S&W takes a mag specific to their gun, IIRC). Same mags used in most AR conversion kits are the same ones in the Sig.

Really just looks like they took an Archangel kit and put it on a rifle.

Blasphemy! They used a Nordic Components stock. If you want something like the SR22 but don't want to spend the money all at once or already have a 10/22, you can build your own by purchasing the Nordic stock kit. I like the SR22 but would rather build my own personally.

I would definitely go the .22 AR conversion kit. Probably the cheapest route. I recommend Ciener conversion kit.

I never shot a SR-22 if that is what you are looking for. Looks like a good looking gun. the Sig, S&W and the Colt are already AR clones. Eh if you have an AR, I say go for a conversion kit.

You might want to look into a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. These can be had for around $450. One of the best .22 AR-15 types out there. It functions the same way as a regular AR. Plus, instead of the conversion kit you would actually just have another gun.