Dog Attacks Cop Car (Wait till you see the picture...)

TMMT

Dog Attacks Cop Car

You hear the stories of dog attacks, but not one like this. While running radar at 1410 Workman Road, a Chattanooga Police Officer’s patrol car was attacked by a bulldog.

Officer Clayton Holmes says he had been running radar and stopped to work on a report when he felt his car shaking. He got out to investigate and what he found was a bulldog chewing on his patrol car. The dog chewed two tires and the entire front bumper off of the car.

The dog also attacked 2 cars belonging to people driving by and a second police car that arrived on scene during the incident. The officers tried using spray and and a Taser on the dog, but say nothing stopped it.

McKamey Animal Center personnel responded to the scene and managed to capture the bulldog along with two other dogs that were with it. According to police, the dogs were kept inside the fenced property at Mann’s Welding, but managed to get out. The owner of the dogs, Nancy Emerling, was cited by McKamey and all three dogs were removed from the property.

Dog Attacks Cop Car | dog, attacks, radar - Local News - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery

copyrighted.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a dog lover. was raised around dogs. up until about 3 years ago always had more than one. dang it shoot the dang thing get it over with. if it was my dog, my car, dead dog end of story. ps any dog period. can anyone picture the damage that dog would do to a person OR a child.

Guest Jamie

By the way folks, the bumper on that car isn't gone, part of the plastic cover for it is.

Still, it took a pretty stout critter to relieve it of that.

J.

Guest billwilly73

Until you see a picture to verify the dog was actually a Pit Bull, it was just a dog. Pit Bulls are to the dog world as the evil killer AK-47 is to the gun world.

I'm not saying it wasn't a Pit, but they get the same kind of kind of unbiased :koolaid: media reporting as guns.

I used to raise pit bulls and had up to 6 adult dogs at one time plus pups. Just like none of my guns have ever shot anyone, NONE of the Pit Bulls I've owned have ever bitten anyone.

McKamey collected the animals ... there were three but one american bulldog is responsible for the chewing damage.

The cop did not feel threatened by the dog ... the dog was focusing on the car ... not humans.

Even after it was tazed, it did not try to attack humans.

It wanted those tires and that bumper ... period.

Guest Sgt. Joe
I always wondered what a dog would do if they ever caught the car they were chasing.:D

So did I:).....And now we know.

I'd bet that was one happy dog in that it finally caught one....:stunned::yum:

i am a dog lover. was raised around dogs. up until about 3 years ago always had more than one. dang it shoot the dang thing get it over with. if it was my dog, my car, dead dog end of story. ps any dog period. can anyone picture the damage that dog would do to a person OR a child.

I'm with ya Jug....I love my dogs but if they ever bite anyone without being "told" to or act in such an aggressive manor for no apparent reason... they will be history.

On the flip-side the cop said he did not feel threatened by the dog???

I kinda find that a bit hard to believe but if he did not in fact feel threatened I'll give him a big thumbs up:up: for NOT simply shooting it. Even though I would have.

Even though the dog was concentrating on eating cars I would have been afraid of a sudden change of appetite.

I think the cop hit a little old lady and just blamed the damage to his bumper on her dog.

Even if the dog rats the officer out, who's gonna believe him?

His brother Duke has been lying about those damn beans for years...

Guest Jamie
I kinda find that a bit hard to believe but if he did not in fact feel threatened I'll give him a big thumbs up:up: for NOT simply shooting it. Even though I would have.

Police have caught so much grief for shooting dogs these past few years that I'm not too surprised he didn't shoot it.

I also can't really say I would have been afraid of it either, not having seen it's demeanor while it was eating the patrol car.

From the sounds of it, it was pretty much obsessed with the car(s), and ignoring every thing and every one else.

A tough situation to do anything with, for sure, since public opinion on shooting dogs is "iffy" at best.

BTW... I've had dogs shrug off pepper spray before, and it's certainly a "high pucker factor" moment. ;):P:puke::eek:

Didn't have a taser to try, back then, but it would have apparently been a waste of time too...

J.