1911 Killer

JeffsSig

The trigger is far better on the Dan Wesson.

But a crisp trigger isnt all the matters to make one handgun more accurate over another in ones hand. Everybody is diffrent I guess.:poop:

Oh true enough. The feel of a 1911 trigger is usually what grabs people's attention.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this Sig 220 model just come out or has it been around a while?

The P220 Match has been around for a few years.

Real 1911s dont know plastic

Not sure what is ment by this but I am glad you feel that way. I do have a few 1911s and no Id not sell those either.:poop:

I've owned a SIG 220 for about 10 years. I carried it on duty for about 5 years. I also own a couple of higher end 1911's.

My experience is the opposite of the thread author. I can shoot a much tighter group with a 1911. Still love the SIG, but it is not my "go to" piece.

It's a little different than a standard 220. This one has a 5 inch match grade hammer forged barrel. I have one in SAO and it shoots way better than my 226. The SAO trigger is smooth on mine. I can't say it shoots better than a 1911 because I don't have one to compare it to.

Edited by redfsr
Guest BigShot
Yes bring those nasty 1911s on!

Sig P220 Match.

Need I say more? :hijack:

Just for grins...

Put your best 15 yard, 10 shot target in the March contest, uh, strong hand only!!

Here's the link:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/36390-tennessee-gun-owners-monthly-shooting-contest-march-2010-a.html

Official target:

http://postalmatch.googlegroups.com/web/TGO+Postal+Match+Target.pdf?hl=en&gda=iR_BAU4AAACHhvLLJkAXzvuWLAN_HG8roICG0MQZJNEYJnu6-ZOtmqsIKE2386IwYXiClUCxxoXeq16gZ8oq654CChCzatEB47Cl1bPl-23V2XOW7kn5sQ&gsc=XzhZrAsAAAAUW3dW9x8eUa_8_MUucgra

I'll be entering a clunker 1911 target soon so as you say Jeff... Bring it ON!! :panic:

Nice. I just got one of those myself. I like those grips. What kind are they?

Thanks!

They are Nills Or KN made by Nill Griffe Only place to order them is MacTec ( I think)

BigShot:

I may just do that. Ill try and find the time this weekend. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pusherman

Ive never fired a 220(much less a 220 match). I have fired a 245, and a 226. What makes them so different? Same action and trigger? Or is it the hand fitting? Im not bashing, I love me some sigs, I honestly would like to know what the diff is.

-Jason

Ive never fired a 220(much less a 220 match). I have fired a 245, and a 226. What makes them so different? Same action and trigger? Or is it the hand fitting? Im not bashing, I love me some sigs, I honestly would like to know what the diff is.

-Jason

Longer, 5", slide match CHF barrel and adjustable sights. There may be a couple of other differences, but I think that is basically it.

The 245 is really a P220 Compact.. Not small but by Sigs standards it is.

The 226 and 220 are close in size. The 220 only comes in a 45 except for a few of the early ones years ago. The 226 comes in 9mm 357sig and 40cal. The Match has a longer barrel as warbird says.

The triggers are about the same but I give the 220 the nod. They all have the word Sig on them. All of mine go BANG everytime. So I am happy.