1911 Killer

JeffsSig

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 1911 guy, but last year I got to shoot a sig 210. I felt like I had won the lottery simply because to that point I had never been fortunate enough to see one...much less shoot it.

Yeah there is no comparison there...would trade all my pistols for that one. Was the nicest handgun I have ever shot. No way in the world a pistol is worth $3500, but it was nice.

That being said that SIG can make the Poseidon of firearms, but the 220 is a competitor of the 1911 with the only decisive nod to the person who loves them. Po-tay-toe and Po-tah-toe. One pictured by OP is a good-un.

Guest gw2and4

Beautiful pistol. I have a P228R and have wanted a 220 since shooting a buddy's 220 Carry a few months back. He handed it to me, and the first 8 rounds I fired with it all went through the same hole at 7 yards... GREAT shooting guns!

Guest BigShot

You guys have spurred my interest! That Sig is a GREAT looking pistol... a very finished look. Also, you're saying it shoots ever bit as good as a 1911. hmmm... I may have to go put one in my hand and see. Not that I'm a flip-flopper but I don't wanna miss out on getting a feel for myself. It would take a LOT to shake me loose from the 1911 tree. Has this Sig 220 model just come out or has it been around a while?

Guest RangeMstr

I've owned a SIG 220 for about 10 years. I carried it on duty for about 5 years. I also own a couple of higher end 1911's.

My experience is the opposite of the thread author. I can shoot a much tighter group with a 1911. Still love the SIG, but it is not my "go to" piece.

So how do you like the triggers on each?

The trigger is far better on the Dan Wesson.

But a crisp trigger isnt all the matters to make one handgun more accurate over another in ones hand. Everybody is diffrent I guess.:)