The Green Zone - film

Daniel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sets, extras, props(for the most part), wardrobe, dialogue. All was correct. I enjoyed it a lot.

The movie is set right as we enter Baghdad and the couple of weeks following until Pres. Bush declares an end to major hostilities.

Right wingers won't like it.

Edited by Daniel
Guest 6.8 AR

Matt Damon, no thanks. He was good in Bourne, but when I heard his arrogant assed mouth, he's one more I refuse to pay a ticket

to see. I guess you know I feel.:rolleyes:

I don't care for Damon's political views, but I'm going to see this movie today. IMHO, he is a first class actor, and I could care less what his politics are. I would draw the line if in the middle of the movie he stops acting and starts espousing his views. Barring that, I'll watch any movie he is in. I just don't understand all of the people that say "He's a lefty, I'm not watching his movie." It's not Micheal Moore spouting at you non-stop. But hey, to each their own.

Judging from the makers of "South Park", he's not liked by some on the left, either. Either way, "The Bourne" trilogy still rocks.
I just had to say that Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park, certainly aren't on the left. They are Libertarians, which means that they are against big government and in favor of personal responsibility. Remember, far left= total government control, far right= total individual liberty. Libertarians(like me) are far right wingers.;)

The direction this thread is going reminded me of something I saw recently. I never watched 'Get Smart' and caught it on tv the other day. The bad guy in the film was talking about blowing up Los Angeles and his sidekick said something about 'what about all the celebrities?' and the main guy said 'oh, what will we do without all the political insight of our hollywood celebrities?' It got a good chuckle out of me.

I read that at one point in the movie an American helicopter is blown out of the sky and the movie twists your views so much you cheer for the insurgents?

Yea, thats towards the end but it kinda does a little, but its more complicated than just americans vs. insurgents at that point.

Guest jackdm3

I saw my wife slouching through most of it. I thought she wanted to leave. When it was over she said, "That was pretty good! Too slow at the start, though."

For me, I could have really used a lot less ultra-shaky camerawork. The director of this also did "Bourne Ultimatum" and this film makes that final fight scene seem lucid. Just nauseating and you can't focus on the action. And the night-time shots were the grainiest I've ever seen. Like it was a small budget and they had to use cheaper videocameras.

Damon's looking for WMDs from false leads while his men get hurt. But I haven't been keeping up with the proof of WMDs or their lack thereof.

What is "hooah" short for?

Daniel? Anybody?

Edited by jackdm3

I saw this over the weekend, and if I had read this thread, I woulda saved my money! Seemed to be just an anti Bush administration attack throughout the movie. I try to take a time out from politics when I see a movie for entertainment, and this one won't let you do that. The previews I saw beforehand didnt portray this as a leftist propaganda vehicle. Had they done so, I wouldnt have went.

I saw this over the weekend, and if I had read this thread, I woulda saved my money! Seemed to be just an anti Bush administration attack throughout the movie. I try to take a time out from politics when I see a movie for entertainment, and this one won't let you do that. The previews I saw beforehand didnt portray this as a leftist propaganda vehicle. Had they done so, I wouldnt have went.

My sentiments exactly. I was very displeased with the film. I was expecting a Bourne type action thriller but I got a story that I really didn't care for.