Best Bang for the buck PSL or FNAR?

It is from Command Arms. I did not care for the high price for the Tango Down or the external springs on the Harris types. Ran into one of these and found them on the net for $84 and free shipping. Had to try it.

The legs have notches for height adjust and you just pull the main shafts out to fold the legs under OR forward. I have been pleased with it.

I'm a big fan of that bipod, but went this harris. Also, Are command arms and tango down the same company? I noticed that a couple of older Command arms purchases included Tango Down manuals.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigShot

Mine didn't have a Tango Down manual. Never thought they'd be related but it is of a similar design. The swells where you grip are different as well as the feet. I'd be interested to see if their parent corp is the same.

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse today(super nice ppl) and they ordered me an SX-AR from another one of their stores. $849.99 + $20 ship :-D Should be picking it up wednesday or so....pretty excited.....then to save up for optics, a bipod, and spotting scope lol.

Nice! You went ahead and ordered mine right? :poop:

would this scope do the trick? Cheap with good reviews.

Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire Rifle Scope

It does have good reviews, but I (personally) would stay away from 1" tubes. The Vortex line has some good prices on 30mm tubes with the same specs. 199 for exact same specs and 219 for the illuminated reticle. http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P13295.aspx Glad you posted that though, never looked at those. Oh, and feel free to order me one of those rifles...i'll be sure to pay you back:D

Edited by jeremy155rr
bummer....called Sportsmans...seems I misunderstood Doc at the counter....gun wont be in til after their delivery on Sunday :-( Oh well to save that much coin I can wait.

That stinks they should get it when they told you though. I've gotten a few guns when I was on the wish list and they usually got them in when they said they would.

Guest BigShot
bummer....called Sportsmans...seems I misunderstood Doc at the counter....gun wont be in til after their delivery on Sunday :-( Oh well to save that much coin I can wait.

Wonder how they get deliveries on a Sunday.

No matter... that's a great deal and worth waiting for. :D

Guest Eric Hawkins
Went to Sportsmans Warehouse today(super nice ppl) and they ordered me an SX-AR from another one of their stores. $849.99 + $20 ship :-D Should be picking it up wednesday or so....pretty excited.....then to save up for optics, a bipod, and spotting scope lol.

Thats great!!! I have a cheap scope setup on mine, just trying to save up for some good glass too. I absolutely love the trigger on this gun.:wave:

Guest BigShot
what would be the best choice 10x42 or 16x42 or a 20x42...and why?

Well, you are hitting the logic wall... too little power and you can't see like you want at 4-500 yards and too much will impair your finding the target at less than a hundred. That's the reason I went with a variable but almost wish I'd went 6-25x56 instead of 3.5 to 15.

IMO, it really comes down to where you will spend the most time shooting your new toy, 100 or 400. The max 15 on my scope has been perfect for 100 and not so bad at 200. Have not played with longer ranges yet.

No help on surplus ammo yet. Still working on shooting up the old domestic stuff.

Guest BigShot
Bigshot..did you put a swiveling bipod on yours?...do I need one that swivels? ....thoughts, opinions, thanks!

Nope... mine does not swivel and I could not put my hands on one to fondle around on it. My best opinion is it's a little more bulky and not needed. That's why I bought what I did BUT they make them for a reason. Maybe I missed something. :cool:

Finally picked up my SX-AR yesterday....just as ugly in person as in pictures lol. I do think it actually balances quite well however...Still on the hunt for some optics...still dont have a clue what I want...got a pretty good deal on some Buffalo Bore "Sniper Ammo" at Sportsmans Warehouse $29.00 per 20. Also picked up 500rds of Lake City from mjnsx07 yesterday to go along with the 400rds of British I had squirreled away lol. Thanks for the info "bigshot" im still undecided on swivel/non-swivel