Beretta PX4

Guest super99gm

Guest super99gm

After a couple hundred rounds I noticed the front sight was loose. The gun shop where I bought it contacted Beretta and they said to return the gun in the original case and outer box. It came back missing the outer box. I was hoping to get the box back and contacted Beretta personally. They promised to send a box with the proper labeling. The real problem is after another hundred rounds the sight is loose again. When I contacted Bertta about the box I was told they re-staked the front sight. Has anyone else had the problem with the front sight. Is Beretta's customer service always this bad? I was disappointed to find that Beretta doesn't have a lifetime warranty. Kind of upsetting that S&W, Kel-tec and even Hi-point have lifetime warranties when Beretta doesn't.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PX4 that I have put at least 500 rounds through it without a problem and I bought it used. One thing about the box, they are pretty cheap however Beretta should indeed replace it. Lesson learned-Don't send pistols back in their original box :ugh:. I'd stay on them until they make it right.

Guest super99gm

I thought the PX4 was going to be one of my favorite guns when I bought it, but it has really been a disappoinment. I was really close to getting a M&P 40, but liked the feel of the PX4. I have ordered a Glock 23 with night sights. Guess it's time to give in and try a Glock.

Guest thejlb

Well that is a shame. I really like the px4 and hate to hear anything bad about one. Especially when it made it to my final 4 of my next gun purchase. If your dissapointed with it. I'll take it off your hands:D we'll have to negotiate though. I can't be paying full price for a gun with loose sights.

A little bit off topic since you would probably know. The grip backstrap looks removable. Does it come in different variations. like a curved one vs a straight one. I tried finding out on my own no luck so far.

I've always had great experience with the PX4storm, with 1000's of rounds going through them. It is a shame that yours is like that, I am thinking you might have gotten a lemon. If the problem continues to exist, ask Bretta for a new one, tell them you got a lemon. I've seen companies send people new guns if the same problem keeps on happeneing.

Guest super99gm

It does have 3 backstraps. I used the largest of the 3 and it fits my hand rather well. The gun had a few jams on the first 50 rounds, but has been flawless on feeding since then. I'll contact my dealer today and see what needs to be done about the sight problem.

Guest johnmattwill

I had a PX4 .40 S&W and got rid of it last year for that very reason.... my front sight gave out after only 200 rds... I was really dissapointed in the quality especially from Beretta.....

I have a px4 .45 and it works flawlessly. The only problem I had was during take down I lost the slide catch spring and sent the gun back to Beretta in the case and they fixed it as a warranty repair. I love this gun!

You must have a lemon.

Guest super99gm

I think you are right about the lemon factor. Hopefully they will replace it. Regardless of the outcome, I don't think it wiil stay in the collection. I picked up the Glock 23 today and tried it out. My first impression of the Glock is great. I put over 100 rounds through it today without a problem.