Do shooters lie as bad as fishermen?

Will Carry

When you read posts where shooters brag about shooting 1 inch groups a 50 yards with a handgun. Do you believe it? I've heard guys tell fishing tales where the fish gets bigger every time they tell the story. Do shooters do the same thing? Ya think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen anyone here claim to be able to shoot 1†groups at 50 yards off hand with a handgun. As a matter of fact most of the time I see those size of groups being discussed they are using a rest; which to me is meaningless.

Heck yes they lie. rollfloor.gif

When you go to the range they are all shooting at the 7 yard line and comparing group size. :rolleyes:

Then they post here and talk about 50 yard shots.

I have no doubt that there are people who can make three shots touch, off hand, at 100 yards.

But I have never seen anyone accomplish these shooting feats with my own eyes.

Reminds of people who have a 1000 dollar Kimber who claim the gun has never malfunctioned, before right now.

Heck my Garand is a great rifle, but even shooting supported I am lucky to get eight shots in a 10 inch pattern at 100 yards.

My best groups are when I only shoot once.

I have no doubt that there are people who can make three shots touch, off hand, at 100 yards.

I’ve shot in competition a lot and I have never seen it. I would feel that I was truly in the presence of greatness if I saw it. But I’m sure you are right; someone has done it, and someone is probably fixin’ to pop up here and tell us the story of when they did it. :rolleyes:

Some do, some don't... but I've sure heard a few good ones.

I've talked to plenty of shooters who think 25 yards equals out to about 25 feet for some reason.

Shooters never lie. :P

Those pants don't look fat on you at all, babe. It's all those magazines you've been reading lately, they're making you insecure.

No! I think your family is great. We should spend Christmas with them.

What a beautiful baby!

I have a kidney infection, but just to be safe you should take the antibiotics too. Just in case it's contagious...

I'm not saying [some awful statement], I'm just saying [insert what I really mean, but pretend it's speculation], you know?

No, I don't mind at all.

KC Masterpiece? That's a great barbecue sauce. Don't apologize to me, dude. Grill those ribs!

Oh yeah, Rep. Massa, I get into tickle-fights with all my grown male buds. We generally accept some collateral hangdown-groping as a byproduct of the fun; you want to avoid it, I want to avoid it, Hell! we all try to avoid it, but when it's tickle time, things get touched. I totally understand. Accidents happen.

Everybody I know is a liar. Or I'm lying right now.:D

One of my mods has actually put up the money for someone to prove 1" centerfire pistol at 25 yards for almost a year now with no takers. Got sick of reading people claim their "x" gun was shooting 1" groups all day long.

###########

CLICK HERE

###########

We have a small syndicate of 5 or so stations all over the US (Chattanooga being one) to qualify.

So far....nobody...has done it

:lies:I can make three shots touch , with a rest and a good scope . Off hand with a pistol HELL NO . Make 3 touch at 25 yrds with my EDC if you give me 20 shots .

Guest mikedwood

Yeah a little bit.

I'd say a lot of those bragging groups involve bench rest/vices and home rolled bullets. Some of the guys at ORSA on the bench rest range have some fantasitic setups.

Edited by mikedwood

"That thar R&G will shoot one hole groups all day long at ANY distance...you just gotta do your part.....now if'n you are a semi-auto man I got a Jennings that should do just fine, if you can hold it still enough....."

Was that good enough ? or do we need to add some day glo paint to the sights ?

BWWaaaaaaHHHaaaaaaaHHHHaaaaaaa

John