What is your profession?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your profession?

• Firearms related
    • Computer/IT/Technology
    • Other

Guest CrazyLincoln
What are these books that you speak of?? :shrug:

You remember, those old timey things. It was an anolog .doc in which the pages were saved in an array indexed with glue. Also the first and last members of the array contained header information and acted as buffer to prevent data corruption when dropped.

I remember you could even get them with extended buffers. I think think they called those versions "hardcovers".

Ah, I remember when we actually used those things.......:devil:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Valkyrie
You remember, those old timey things. It was an anolog .doc in which the pages were saved in an array indexed with glue. Also the first and last members of the array contained header information and acted as buffer to prevent data corruption when dropped.

I remember you could even get them with extended buffers. I think think they called those versions "hardcovers".

Ah, I remember when we actually used those things.......:devil:

Oh, I know what you're talking about! I use those to stabilize my desk when it's getting wobbly. :hyper: lol I'm just floored that they have ANOTHER purpose!! :shrug: hehe

Guest CrazyLincoln
Yes, I am an Accountant. I have to much personality to be an Economist. :wave:

Actually, I spend most of my time translating between the accounting department and the programming department. Neither group can understand the other. :wall:

LOL. I know the feeling. I grew up in a house of accountants and went to school for economics and some how ended up as a computer guy.

Comes in handy though. I actually know basically how to use most of the accounting programs. Makes me get along very well with the ones that cut my checks, most of the time.:D

Ah, I remember when we actually used those things.......:wave:

Is that the document format you can modify without having the full version of Acrobat?

My first PC computable was a Gateway 386-20. Gigantic 80 Meg (yes Meg) MFM hard drive.

The instruction manual that told you what to connect where was on a 5-1/4 floppy disc. As soon as you got everything running, you could read the instructions to find out how to get it running. :wave:

Guest CrazyLincoln

My first comp was an old compaq portable. It was a massive suit case. Little green screen. 2 5 1/4 Floppies and no hard drive.

Lotus 123 FTW!

The sad thing is it was older than me.

Is that the document format you can modify without having the full version of Acrobat?

Yes, however, you do need one of those analog input devices. You know, with that messy "ink" media. And the font is always different.

My first comp was an old compaq portable. It was a massive suit case. Little green screen. 2 5 1/4 Floppies and no hard drive.

Lotus 123 FTW!

I almost bought an Osborne "luggable" once. It had a tiny crt screen and ran CP/M.

The first serious software I ever bought was VisiCalc. I ran it on my customized Atari 800 long before IBM came out with the PC. Lots of information about VisiCalc at http://www.bricklin.com/visicalc.htm.