Iphone questions

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

I like them, more than the rest, already with ATT, don't want to change...:D:usa:

With that said, the Enterprise package which is $15 bucks more, is what I have to get if I want to access my Outlook at work? The other, cheaper package allows for email from google, yahoo, etc.

My work email is a pop3, do I have to go with that or can I go with the cheaper one? My comcast is a pop3, can I get that one as well, for example, get email from my home and work?

Ok, if I cant get my work and home email with the cheaper plan, can I forward all my work email from my work/home stuff to my gmail account and be all good?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon

go with the cheaper plan. If you can forward your email, and I bet you won't have to, you'll have no problems. The iPhone is easy stuff.

PM me with questions, I think I wrote a book about hacking all apple stuff.

Guest redbarron06

I check my Comcast and AKO eamil every hour with my Iphone and have the unlimited date plan and that is it. If it is a pop3 account you can check it with the data plan or when you are hooked into a wireless.

Just get the $30 plan. There is no need for the enterprise account. I dont have it. I work in IT and use an exchange server over Pop3 for email. I have an iphone and we set up iphones all the time with for people to use with the exchange server and pop3. I was told by them that the enterprise account was just so business that had corporate accounts would be charged more money since the cell phone plans can be cheaper. Just my 2 cents.

When I setup my Mom's iphone I created her a gmail account and had all of her "bigriver" emails forwarded to her gmail. That is how we got around it.

I have been using an exchanger server and have no need to forward my emails and have not upgraded to the enterprise account. Try it. I dont think they can tell if you are using exchange or just regular email like apple's mobile me.

What he said.. Ditto... +1 .. What I am also doing.

I have been using an exchanger server and have no need to forward my emails and have not upgraded to the enterprise account. Try it. I dont think they can tell if you are using exchange or just regular email like apple's mobile me.

I set all my POP3 accounts up as IMAP accounts so now I can check email / reply etc from the iPhone when I'm out and about and my desktop inbox reflects everything I do while I'm out. Highly recommended.

Guest uofmeet

all you need is the server address.....don't get the more expensive plan.

like comcast is something like pop-server.comcast.net or something.....and the iphone leaves the messages on the server so next time you are at ya desktop, the mail will download again.

What do they use? I'm fairly certain the iPhone supports all major email protocols...

They actually have it locked down. We use an exchange server without Pop3 forwarding.

I tried adding it using the OWA website and it failed authenticating the password.

Again, I don't want all of my work email on it anyway. When I am not at work I don't care about it.