Show your Colts

Guest cjr

Greg I feel your pain with the wife thing,I have been trying to buy a pair of Combat Pythons and she was freekin when I bid 7k for the pair.I would pay 10 but now they are at 13k and reserve is not met yet.I may not be able to collect snub Colts at 5k + ea.

Farman that is a pair I would put away,I see them on gunbroker and like most Colts they just increase in value.The box and papers make them worth a lot more kinda like a fine watch.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farman that is a pair I would put away,I see them on gunbroker and like most Colts they just increase in value.The box and papers make them worth a lot more kinda like a fine watch.

I know how they have increased in value. I think I paid 275 for the 4" back in 1989.

I wanted a snub, but they are going for upwards of 2k. I may have to use some tax refund moneyand invest it.

Greg:_____________

We are colt saa guys too. Remember, the colt saa was the first cartridge military sidearm. That alone makes them great. I like the "ponies"!

...I don't have any of them fancy snake guns, but I do have a couple of ponies.

Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Leroy

Greg:_____________

We are colt saa guys too.

I'd love to shoot one. Mine is in the box with papers, and I can't see any evidence of it ever having been fired. As tempting as it is, I can't bring myself to shoot it. I hope to one day run across a shooter at a semi fair price.

I'd love to shoot one. Mine is in the box with papers, and I can't see any evidence of it ever having been fired. As tempting as it is, I can't bring myself to shoot it. I hope to one day run across a shooter at a semi fair price.

I understand. I wish we were closer and you could shoot our third generation 44 special. I got em years ago and we shoot them occasionally.

Take a look here: Cherry's Handgun Inventory Page

They are great guys to deal with. They generally have a good stock of third generations. We used to search Gunsamerica for colt saa's. They come and go there from time to time.

Another great resource is US Firearms. Their quality (...internal and external finish on the high end models....) is better than colt (...i think...) and the USFA rodeo (...the matte finished blue...) models can be found in the $600 range.

Kind regards,

Leroy

I have never seen that gun site.All 3 of the 1908 hammerless Colts are sweet

They always have the neatest stuff. They love colts. Keep your eyes peeled there. They have a pretty fluid inventory. Lots of neat stuff goes thru Cherry's.

Regards,

Leroy

PS-- I LOVE THE DIAMONDBACK!!. SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A 22 WHEN YOU COULD AFFORD ONE!

They always have the neatest stuff. They love colts. Keep your eyes peeled there. They have a pretty fluid inventory. Lots of neat stuff goes thru Cherry's.

Regards,

Leroy

PS-- I LOVE THE DIAMONDBACK!!. SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A 22 WHEN YOU COULD AFFORD ONE!

I have a couple .22's I will post pics in a few.

I will put Cherry's on my daily check list.

Thanks again

This is my one and only Colt. Nothing fancy or extremely valuable (monetary wise, although I bought it from a now deceased friend so it has sentimental value) - just a late '70s Police Positive .38 Special. It is pictured with a holster I made for it. I don't really carry it, much - I just thought that style of holster looked good with it. I put Pachmayr grips on it because the originals were too thin for my hands but I still have the original grips, too, in case I decide to put them back on. It could use a good polishing, I guess.

PolicePositivewithholster001.jpg

Edited by JAB