TGO Monthly Shooting Contest - March 2010

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Here is the information for the March Shooting Contest:

1.) Be safe!

2.) Must use the target below (follow link for printable target); also write your screen name, gun, ammo, date etc. on the target.

3.) Your submitted target must have 10 shots only on it. Best ten shot group wins. If you take 20 targets to the range that day and choose the best target of the 20, fine by me. Only one can be submitted per contestant per month, though. (If you wish, you may submit a target for each caliber if you chose to shoot more than one gun, but only one taget per caliber per month per person)

4.) Unless otherwise stated, we will not be shooting from a rest.

5.) No pistol magnification scopes (red dot's ok); no laser aiming devices; standard firearms only (no custom/competition style pistols)

6.) To submit your entry, take a photo of your target (and because we love guns, have your gun in the picture, too so we can drool over your glocks, 1911's, CZ's, revolvers, etc.). Submit the photo in the thread for the month. If you have questions about uploading photos, feel free to ask. A number of people can help.

7.) Past winners will be immortalized in a "hall of fame" list in each monthly thread for all to marvel at.

8.) Entry's due the last day of the month, by 11:59PM and 59 seconds. Winners will be announced within a day or two.

9.) There will be 3 divisions....Centerfire pistols (9mm, .40S&W, .357SIG, .45ACP, and 10mm); Rimfire/.22 pistols; and new for 2010 a 1911 division (.45ACP or 10mm only). You can shoot in either of those categories or all three. Just submit a different target for each if you want to do both. And please mark on your target which division that targets goes with. Remember to take a picture of your pistol w/ the targer

IMPORTANT - Please feel free to congratulate and encourage everyone on their shooting when you submit targets, all I ask is that if you do reply to someone's post, please DO NOT include the picture of their target, this makes it harder for me to go through all the submissions to determine the winner. Thanks for understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The person who has the most wins in each division at the end of the year will each receive 2 boxes (100 rounds) of target ammo on me (upon availibility/pistol ammo only/I choose brand/Rimfire winner gets .22LR ammo/1911 winner gets .45ACP or 10mm). I will mail ammo for those located in either West of East Tennessee. In the event of a tie, the scores from each month will be added to determine the winner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the target for this competition:

http://postalmatch.googlegroups.com/...8eUa_8_MUucgra

Rules:

1) 15 yards

2) Strong hand, any stance (strong hand only, not two hands)

3) Post a picture of the target and gun together

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Previous Winners:

January

stahlmangc - Centerfire

seez52 - Rimfire .22LR

seez52 - 1911

February

stahlmangc - Centerfire

BigShot - 1911

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHERE'S THE COMPETITION ROUND HERE???

HumungousWeaverStance.jpg

Where are we? At matches in our area for IPSC, IDPA, Steel Challenge, 3-Gun, SASS, Sporting Clays, Skeet Shooting etc. You guys who are interested in competition, Please come out and play with us, there are matches somewhere of some sort every weekend. We need more shooters, at our last IDPA match in Cleveland we had 41 shooters, not bad, but surely there are more folks in the area who shoot than that. If you have nor shot at a local club match, give it a try!

Guns

thanks for the encouragement. I've been shooting less than a year, and I plan to try my hand at some IDPA this spring. Looking forward to it. I still like the postal match competitions to keep honing my accuracy skills. Besides it gives me an ongoing excuse to go to the range.

By the way, I am really interested in trying sporting clays/skeet. I am in Nashville. Who are the good/patient instructors around?

Gray

Guest BigShot
If you have nor shot at a local club match, give it a try!

That'd be my problem... "LOCAL" is in the boonies and not much happening. I really need to find a club in Murfreesboro, Columbia or Franklin that's worth a good drive to participate.

Any suggestions??

In the meantime, I'll keep popping targets and posting here on TGO monthly contests. At the least, I'm keeping practiced, huh.

Here's my attempt. Strong hand only PLUS moving it out further is sure more of a challenge.

Rimfire - S&W Model 41, CCI Std Velocity .22LR - 3/11/10

w7bogo.jpg

Centerfire - M&P Pro, Blazer Brass 9mm - 3/11/10

25uu1aa.jpg

Centerfire - S&W Model 66 - .38spcl - 3/25/10

2vn30qt.jpg

Edited by stahlmangc
Guest BigShot

Good shootin Stahl. :poop: I need to get out and pop some when it dries up a little. May just whup out my .22 and see what I can hit with it too. Aint seen it in a while.

Per Bigshots calling me out…..

I had to go shoot my P220 Match and my Dan Wesson Valor 45’s. Keep in mind this is in my hand and I am bias towards Sigs. There is nothing wrong with a Dan Wesson or most other 1911’s. I can just shoot my Sig 220 Match better and I have shot fewer rounds with it.

Ok on to the Contest:

The first one is the 220 Match

15 yards

Strong hand.

.45 cal

Score 93

The next is only since Bigshot asked me.

Dan Wesson Valor 1911

15 yards

Strong hand

.45 cal

Score 88

post-1967-132850577317_thumb.jpg

Edited by JeffsSig
socres added
Per Bigshots calling me out…..

I had to go shoot my P220 Match and my Dan Wesson Valor 45’s. Keep in mind this is in my hand and I am bias towards Sigs. There is nothing wrong with a Dan Wesson or most other 1911’s. I can just shoot my Sig 220 Match better and I have shot fewer rounds with it.

Ok on to the Contest:

The first one is the 220 Match

15 yards

Strong hand.

.45 cal

Score 93

The next is only since Bigshot asked me.

Dan Wesson Valor 1911

15 yards

Strong hand

.45 cal

Score 88

Very nice Jeff, that Sig sure likes you :)

Guest BigShot

;)You got me!! No excuses either... I pulled all four targets to the right. Here's my best one at 86 with 3 "where'dey goes".

Hang onto that SIG Match... :)...You da'man!!

Mar10TGOEntry.jpg

That Looks GREAT!!!

Im not sure how you score that ONE big hole.LOL You may just have a few more points.

We may just have to meet up at a range to settle this.

A side Note. I never shot a pistol with two hands untill around 2 years ago.

I learned one hand and shot that way for 40 plus years.

I was taught to stand sideways your a smaller target. Plus your heart is protected more that way. or something like that. LOL

Guest BigShot
That Looks GREAT!!!

Im not sure how you score that ONE big hole.LOL You may just have a few more points.

Nah... I tried to count high but it is what it is... 86 :nervous:

Did good getting that. One handed does my grip weird. I need velcro!

Maybe some more 1911 guys will step up and help me save face... eh?

I thought I would chime in on this one. I'm not sure how the scoring work, so I just left it blank. The first one is my Dan Wesson Heritage 1911. It looks much more impressive than it really is because the shots caused a tear in the paper. I don't think they were really that tight. I actually went today because I was thinking about sending the gun back to Dan Wesson because it wasn't grouping like I thought it should. Ammo was WWB FMJ 230gr.

DSC02177.jpg

Second is a Kahr PM40. I just bought this over the weekend and love it. It was the second reason for going to the range. I have 100 rounds out of the 200 break-in rounds recommended by Kahr. It is a little jumpy with one hand, but has great sights. Ammo was WWB 180gr FMJ.

DSC02183.jpg

Next is a Sig 229 in a .357 sig. I am usually very accurate with it, but I shot it after a .22 and recoil felt a little stronger. Ammo was a 125gr Speer Gold Dot (the reason I only shot 10!).

DSC02182.jpg

The last one is a Hi-Standard .22 revolver. I don't think it has been shot in 10+years and hasn't been cleaned in that long either. The recoil is equivalent to a BB gun. I cheated and fired it in single action. Ammo was CCI bulk pack hi-velocity 40gr.

DSC02181.jpg

Guest BigShot

Nothing wrong with that shooting, Nolo... u done GOOD!!

You not sending that DW back over that group are you?

It looks pretty tight to me. ;)