Return of the $300 AK?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

I've noticed too. In the long run $50 or even $100 kind of washes out, but it is nice to get a good deal. I wish I'd waited; this time last year I overpaid for a Saiga.

but what kind are you getting for $350... will it shoot, is the black spray paint flakeing off he end of it?

Not trying to be an funny, seriously but we have seen some cheap junk out there lately. We have had them come in and be so out of whack you cant even line up the sights. Weve had them come in and the stocks were broken when we open the box. I finally gave up on all the cheapies.

but what kind are you getting for $350... will it shoot, is the black spray paint flakeing off he end of it?

Not trying to be an funny, seriously but we have seen some cheap junk out there lately. We have had them come in and be so out of whack you cant even line up the sights. Weve had them come in and the stocks were broken when we open the box. I finally gave up on all the cheapies.

There is a lot of good cheapies out there though. Buy from a reputable company who stands behind there product and their won't be a problem.

yea, but he problem is... I try to be that "reputable company"... so if the guns junk the customer brings it back to me pissed.

Im sorry but I cant sell or stand behind any of the WASR series guns anymore because my butts been chewed up too many times, and my wallets hurting because of the returns.

Phillip, I can understand where you are coming from there. I bet you have to ship back on your own dime. But, I've seen a lot of Dealers who are very willing to take a problematic AK back Atlantic being one of those. I'm not sure if they pay for shipping though. When I say dealers I mean suppliers, not like a local gunshop like yours. Hope I'm making sense cause my post seems even a little confusing to me lol.

Guest 1817ak47

bear in mind some of those "cheaper" ak's are of lesser quality than the pricier ones are, though everyone will have a different opinion on this.

Just wait till the new Assault Weapons Ban gets more media attention. Prices will skyrocket again. Every time Holder opens his mouth about it, prices jump a little.

:koolaid: Not this again, its not gonna happen because one politician opens his yapper. Lets not get the tinfoil hats out yet.:P

:drool: Not this again, its not gonna happen because one politician opens his yapper. Lets not get the tinfoil hats out yet.:D

No kidding. I'm kinda enjoying the availability and afford ability of the moment. All we need is another great gun grab and I'm not talking about the antis!:lol: Now if all that hoarded ammo will start flooding the market as well we can get those prices down again. Although I'm not holding my breath.:x:

Guest Orion6

If you find a nice one for $400ish, now is the time to buy.

A few offhand statments from someone in the administration will start up the panic again.

Guest gcrookston

I believe you'll get what you pay for. A functional AK should be in the $300-400 range. Quality will still demand a premium. Say $600-900

i'd take an good AK going into battle just as quick as any AR15...

Over the years more people have put down the AR and picked up an AK then vice versa.

That’s because they were out of ammo from shooting all the guys carrying AK’s, and there were plenty of AK’s lying around. :leaving:

I damn sure wouldn’t want to carry an AK into battle and I doubt most of our troops would either.

Guest gcrookston

Over the years more people have put down the AR and picked up an AK then vice versa.

and this is substantiated... where? :leaving:

I know a few operators that admire the AK, but none of them would choice it for their combat kit. This statement pegs my BS meter

Your source is?

But don't get me wrong, I own both and admire them both for their functionality, fit and finish. My favorite AK is the Chino Type 84s in 5.56, but I would prefer M4 where the zombies knocking at the door...

Edited by gcrookston