Memorials in car windows?

Smith

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The window stickers and roadside crosses have always seemed trashy and pointless to me.

I agree.

I also roll my eyes when I see a number 3 sticker anywhere on a car.

We rented a house to a man and his family. After he died and the family moved out, memorials kept showing up on the door and at the mailbox.

The odd thing was, the gentleman died in a construction demolition fire over 20 miles away in another county. There were never any memorials popping up in that location.

I'm not bothered by it in the slightest.

I look at it the same way I look at soldiers who wear KIA bracelets. It's their way of mourning and remembrance.

I have a bracelet for our RTO that was killed with us. If someone asks me about it I tell them about Branden and the kind of soldier and man he was.

Guest jackdm3

I saw a lady making sandwiches at Wendy's last night with a large memorial tattooed on her neck about 2"X3". Forget the decals. This was FAR worse!

• Administrator
I saw a lady making sandwiches at Wendy's last night with a large memorial tattooed on her neck about 2"X3". Forget the decals. This was FAR worse!

You should have told her how tacky it was. Because, I'd have liked an AAR on how it played out. You telling a woman bad enough to get her neck tattooed how tacky it was, I mean.

;)

Guest jackdm3

That was an option but: I like my spicy sandwiches NOT messed with AND she was easily 250 lbs and almost 6' tall. I'm not close to either of those measurements.

Guest SUNTZU
That was an option but: I like my spicy sandwiches NOT messed with AND she was easily 250 lbs and almost 6' tall. I'm not close to either of those measurements.

You ate at a fast food restaurant...your food was messed with from the start.

Guest jackdm3

I'm starting to think about self-defense-at-the-counter scenarios now. If a fry cook decides to grab the basket of freshly hot oily fries and throw it in your face, can you shoot her?

I agree.

I also roll my eyes when I see a number 3 sticker anywhere on a car.

I have a 3 on my yard tractor, it has a Halo above it.

Anyway I don't think a 3 sticker and a memorial sticker is the same thing. The person with the Ironhead sticker is still a NASCAR fan, and that is basically what it means.

Edited by Mike.357
I have a 3 on my yard tractor, it has a Halo above it.

Anyway I don't think a 3 sticker and a memorial sticker is the same thing. The person with the Ironhead sticker is still a NASCAR fan, and that is basically what it means.

Yep, you just keep right on believing that:screwy:...:D

Guest db99wj

Neck tattoos....don't like, with the exception of one guy I know, he has a bar code on the back of his neck. It is scan able, it says "FK YOU!"

I always thought that the shoes and power lines thing originated with the Military, in that once a person was discharged they would throw their boots over the line to signify that they were no longer needed.

You'll generally see some over in Ft. Sanders area here in Knoxville after graduations, so I guess it's caught on with college kids too.

- OS

Guest Joey

I dislike memorial stickers because they are so faddish. Give it a few years and there'll be some other stupid trend that replaces this one.

Also, it seems really cheap to me. When I die I hope my loved ones do more than stick a cheap piece of vinyl to their car that'll likely only stay on there a year or two at most.

didn't we come to the conclussion that shoes over the wires was a drug dealer marking territory?

Not in Ft. Sanders.

Unless they REALLY mark it - there were 15 pairs up there at one place on 15th St. (actually, James Agee St. now)

Was back around xmas, figgered it was done during winter commencement.

- OS