sight paint or alternatives??

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

couple of my guns the front and rear black and black sights blend in to easily. where can I get stuff like that from, locally too possibly. I think it could work better for low and no light situations

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47
Craft sore bottle of glow in the dark paint for 99 cents.

Pick your color :shrug:

really interesting never thought of that. isn't radon radioactive paint is it??

what craft stores in kville area have that stuff, never shopping at craft stores, just car parts and tool stores, and gun shows

couple of my guns the front and rear black and black sights blend in to easily. where can I get stuff like that from, locally too possibly. I think it could work better for low and no light situations

aj:____________

Here is some stuff from Brownells:

KG PRODUCTS : SITE KOTE - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

BRIGHT SIGHTS : BRIGHTSIGHTS GUN SIGHT COATING - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Have used the "ghost glow" on front rifle type sight (on shotgun).

We also used to use fingernail polish back in the old days. You might want to try that. It's cheap and you can take it off easily. I have also used the Testor's hobby paints that you find next to the plastic models of airplanes, etc. Easy to take off too.

I have one revolver with flat white on the front sight. Works really well.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Guest Ae-35

Same people that make Dura-Coat finish for guns make a sight paint, I use it. Yellow in day-light, glows green in low light. Not cheap, but last a lot longer that model paint.

Guest Orionsic
I bought some sight paint, it did not work very well. It would rub right off if touched.

Gotta let it dry for several hours..

Also, might be the brand of sight paint your using..

I picked up some from On-Target that works fine after a couple of hours drying.

I have used Testors bright orange from Hobby Lobby. I also put a coat of flat white on it first to obscure most of the black steel. Had a cotton swab with thinner on hand for any goof-ups, requires patience, a steady hand and a tiny artist brush.

With my old eyes and a penchant for stainless steel carry guns, I have to to do something with my front sights. I have found Scratch Fix 2in1 auto touch up paint to work the best. It is tough and stays on the gun. I use NG GM 398 Bright Red but it comes in all kinds of colors. You can pick it up at any good auto supply store. I get mine at Auto Zone.