Wilson Combat CQB

Guest cheez

Guest BigShot
... it's the indian, not the arrow.

A bunch of truth tongue there chief, however, if any Wilson, NightHawk, Ed Brown or similar next level 1911 can't out group a glock or basic GI model, send it in for an overhaul. Something is broke!!

Those company's livelihood revolve around their ability to touch holes on the target and outperform a shooter's ability. If your glock can hold 1" groups @ 25 yards or better, it's a keeper and should be cherished. Congrats!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Elite, it was a gift and has sentimental value so I rarely shoot it and I'll probably never sell it...

While it's a well put together piece, I do not think it's worth what it probably cost and I wouldn't buy one myself as it does nothing my Glock cannot do as well or better... it's got a trigger that while nice, doesn't beat a $500 Witness Elite Match's, and probably more relevant, does nothing a sub-$500 RIA I used to own could do either... JMHO, but it's the indian, not the arrow.

Maybe that's the problem, get that Elite out and use it as it was intended to be used. Shoot it till the finish is gone and then shoot it some more ;)

I have an Elite, it was a gift and has sentimental value so I rarely shoot it and I'll probably never sell it...

While it's a well put together piece, I do not think it's worth what it probably cost and I wouldn't buy one myself as it does nothing my Glock cannot do as well or better... it's got a trigger that while nice, doesn't beat a $500 Witness Elite Match's, and probably more relevant, does nothing a sub-$500 RIA I used to own could do either... JMHO, but it's the indian, not the arrow.

Let me get this straight, when you say that you have an Elite are you saying that you have a Wilson Combat CQB Elite? and that the trigger is no better than an EAA Witness? no offense but I have to see this to believe it. If this is true than I think you need to send your Pistol back to Bill Wilson along with the comments that you made on this thread, I think he owes you a new pistol

Edited by willis68
Funny how? I could meet you at a range with my Glock and you could bring your Wilson... That'd probably be pretty funny alright...

I will take you up on this in 1 condition. You Bring your Wilson Combat and prove to me that you are not talking out of your butt about owning one :rolleyes:

Guest cheez
Funny how? I could meet you at a range with my Glock and you could bring your Wilson... That'd probably be pretty funny alright...

OK I will take you up on this offer as well. 15 yds or greater paper targets, measured groups. $10 per shot with whomever wins donating the cash to a charity. 50 round minimum.

OK I will take you up on this offer as well. 15 yds or greater paper targets, measured groups. $10 per shot with whomever wins donating the cash to a charity. 50 round minimum.

I do not think he will take either of us up on this deal

I think he is full of :stare: I seriously doubt he owns a Wilson Combat he just seems like a guy who likes to run his mouth and make claims he cannot back up as he has done in several other posts :whistle:

Edited by willis68
Guest cheez

I have been a Glock man since they came to the US back in the 80's. I still am as far as my EDC pistol goes. If I had to hit the woods in a SHTF scenario and could only take one pistol it would still be my Glock 23. The two guns are made for two different purposes. On the other hand if I were going to punch paper in a match I would bring the Wilson to the party. Even my 3" barreled Kimber Ultra CDP will out perform any of my Glock's in the accuracy department.

I do not think he will take either of us up on this deal

I think he is full of :mad: I seriously doubt he owns a Wilson Combat he just seems like a guy who likes to run his mouth and make claims he cannot back up as he has done in several other posts :up:

You can suck it, name a place... except I may just punch you in the face after it's over for running YOUR mouth, because you're some kind of 1911 snob you think it's fine to disrespect people saying s**t like that? I seriously doubt you'd say a ******* peep if I was even in the same building as you.

Edited by CK1

Bring your Wilson, you name the place the time, Prove me wrong post a picture at least!!! just so you know I punch back! this has nothing to do about being any sort of snob, you claim to own something that is one of the best semi custom pistols in the world and say that it is less accurate than a Glock and the trigger on it is no better than an EAA? prove me wrong!!!

Edited by willis68

Look, after talking to a buddy at the match yesterday who shoots a Baer that runs 100%, I sent it back to Wilson for the second time, when it gets back I'll take pics from every stupid angle if you want.

I posted my opinion that I don't think they are all they're made out to be, and appears you have a problem with my opinion, because I've noticed all you ever post is how only expensive guns and certain ammo is worth shooting...

So, fist-fighting aside, let's do this for real if you want: bring any high dollar 1911 you choose and I'll bring a Glock so we can shoot 'em against each other.. here's the caveat, while I'm pretty sure the Glock will hang just fine, the gun that costs 3 - 10 times what a Glock does SHOULD spank it (but again, it's mostly the indian, not the arrow that is the difference), so let's adjust the scoring to really reflect if their high price tags are justified, meaning if it's a $3500 gun, no points unless your groups are 700% better...

Guys, we need to review the Code of Conduct. I will remind you to keep it civil. Calling people out as liars and saying they are full of whatever will not be tolerated. I think the point of this post was made and it needs to run no longer. Consider this a warning to all involved in the back and forth bickering. If you want to compete in a FRIENDLY competition, set it up via PM and go for it. If you want to prove your ability in the monthly contest, thats an option too. BUT don't use this forum as a method to start trouble. It won't be tolerated here.

Edited by Shima