Has this happened to anyone else?

Had a guy sitting at the end of my street back at the end of last year and I called the cops, non-emergency line. Car with dark tinted windows, it appeared he either had a lap top or dvd player, something with a large screen that you could see through the tint. Cops called back a little while later, and said he was fine, it was ok he was there. That's all they said. Figured it is something like a tax assessor, PI. or something.

maybe an undercover officer?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
maybe an undercover officer?

Very well could have been, wasn't an "obvious" un-marked car but it very well could have been and why the dispatcher was like "Yea, he's ok, he can be there"..:leaving:

As of today it's been three times. The third time being twenty minutes ago. Called Metro again letting them know that we've had yet another silver vehicle do this; this time one of those real nice Dodge Magnum sedans with tinted windows. This time around my wife goes out and she talks to the guy, never leaves the front yard. He says he's looking for his friend Jason Bateman who has a roomie named Randolph Scott but he can't seem to get hold of them on his cell phone. I'm no vast font of knowledge under any pretenses but those two names conjure faces of one living movie and television star and one dead movie legend. She says the guy was nervy as hell. If you met my wife you'd be intimidated too. And yeah, I have told her this numerous times. :D He left most quickly after that. Needless to say, even though it is happening in public domain I'm a tad paranoid at this point.

agreed I'd be sitting on my front porch drink in hand and AR in PLAIN sight

The thought has crossed my mind in doing just that with my 12 gauge but I'm playing this whole thing out as carefully as I can. For now. Davidson County is a messed up place. With a wife and three kids, this happening twice in 48 hours (3 times total for us in less than as many weeks) is enough for me to drag it out keeping it readily at hand.

got the same problem. have a crack-head living 1/8 mi from me was seen sit in car with buddy just looking the area over. time will tell. he just mite be on candid camera. the pics are as clear as some of the best i have seen on tv.

sounds like the perfect opportunity to exercise your right to OC while approaching the vehicle...

Certainly. That is as long as it’s someone that would be intimidated by that, and is less trained that you are.

But if it’s a gang banger that rolls the window down and drops you dead while doing your intimidating "OC strut"; it would not be very smart.

rollfloor.gif

Certainly. That is as long as it’s someone that would be intimidated by that, and is less trained that you are.

But if it’s a gang banger that rolls the window down and drops you dead while doing your intimidating "OC strut"; it would not be very smart.

rollfloor.gif

Good point. Switch from OC to locked-n-loaded AR aimed at vehicle while approaching. Of course the safety should be off and your finger should be on the trigger, and the red dot should be on center mass of the driver's side...all as a precaution, of course...

Good point. Switch from OC to locked-n-loaded AR aimed at vehicle while approaching. Of course the safety should be off and your finger should be on the trigger, and the red dot should be on center mass of the driver's side...all as a precaution, of course...

Sure that might work. Unless of course those are cops in the car. :dirty:

Then you are either going to be shot, or be taken down at gunpoint, arrested, charged with a felony, lose your HCP and do some jail time.

What part of having an HCP could possibly make you think that approaching a suspicious vehicle on a public street while open carrying would be a good idea, or that anything good could come of it?

rollfloor.gif

Well put. Last thing any one wants or needs is another set of fatherless kids and a widow. I'm holding any show of force for if, or God forbid when, the time truly calls for it. The houses are too close together in this neighborhood and we don't hold the monopoly on children who play outside. The idea has crossed my mind more than three times but I do have a responsibilty to play it cautiously.

You can always turn the tables and hop in your car and following all traffic laws, follow them around for a while.

As to R100R's stalking question, if it's a LEO or PI conducting legal investigations they are protected from the stalking laws. Now, if the person you were assigned to watch happened to be a little hottie and you did some "extra" watching just because it was fun to, then you have crossed the line and it's now stalking.

You can always turn the tables and hop in your car and following all traffic laws, follow them around for a while.

As to R100R's stalking question, if it's a LEO or PI conducting legal investigations they are protected from the stalking laws. Now, if the person you were assigned to watch happened to be a little hottie and you did some "extra" watching just because it was fun to, then you have crossed the line and it's now stalking.

Now that's brilliant. I never once thought of following them for a bit. I'm sure I would be spotted easily but as long as I followed the traffic laws I should be okay. :dirty: Thank you for that spot of advise, rightwinger.

Sure that might work. Unless of course those are cops in the car. :eek:

Then you are either going to be shot, or be taken down at gunpoint, arrested, charged with a felony, lose your HCP and do some jail time.

What part of having an HCP could possibly make you think that approaching a suspicious vehicle on a public street while open carrying would be a good idea, or that anything good could come of it?

Umm...there is this thing that some folks use that is called humor. You have to be able to take a joke every once in a while :tinfoil: