Got me a grey fox today.

Well today was the last day to hunt bobcats and fox's. So I went out today with two of buddy's to do some varmint hunting. We actually wanted to get a bobcat. We hit about 4 places but on our second stand this little guy came running in and actually bite at the decoy. My buddy John started whistling and he stopped about 30 or 35 yards and I shot him. Once again the foxpro caller and mojo critter did it's job.

DSCF2944.jpg

Edited by Hunting101
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad did the .223 mess him up? Are you going to have to have it lying down?

Just got back from the taxadermist and he said if I have it mounted sitting down and turned to the left (the side the holes on) that it would be good to go. I thought about getting him laying down but decided to get him sitting up turned to the left.

Guest Jcochran88
Just got back from the taxadermist and he said if I have it mounted sitting down and turned to the left (the side the holes on) that it would be good to go. I thought about getting him laying down but decided to get him sitting up turned to the left.

Good, They look better sitting or in action in my opinion.

btw very nice.

How bad did the .223 mess him up? Are you going to have to have it lying down?

Here is a pic of the hole. If this is to graphic for some then I will remove it.

It actually looks worse than what it is.

DSCF2946.jpg

Guest 6.8 AR
Man, it's been over 20 years since I've seen a gray fox. Plenty of red ones, but I never see a gray one any more.

And it seems like it's just the opposite nowadays.

Beautiful fox:D

Guest BEARMAN
Wow! looks like some serious damge there

Shot a decent sized Bobcat back in the 80's while deer hunting, with an 8mm Mauser no less. It made a hole about the size of the end of your pinky going in, coming out, it looked as big as a grapefruit!

Had the taxidermist mount it in a crouching position, with a swatting paw and mouth open, kinda like he was treed and fightn' off the dogs. One of the best looking mounts I've got, and you can't even see where he was shot....+1 for the taxidermist!

That's a dandy looking grey, BTW.

Maybe we can get a thread going to show off a few of our favorite mounts. I'll try to remember how I accidently posted the picture of my coyote, and get some more pictures put up.

That sounds like a good idea!