MSAR STG-556 & Saiga

Smith

I'll put the pics up in the AM as they didn't transfer as planned. Anyway, got my STG556 & Saiga 16" x39 on Wednesday. Phil at Bellshire helped me out and got me a great price on the Saiga, not to mention the only place in town that still transfers for $20.:D The MSAR I had to get from CDNN. They were the only place with a 20" barrel and Ratworx is OUT!

The Saiga is going to be converted. This will be my 4th. I just really like building these. I have some plans for this one I've never done before so we'll see how it turns out. going to put a Tantal wire folder on it (if I can find it), and a TWS dogleg rail w/ peep sight.

The MSAR is fantastic!!!! Most comfortable handling rifle I've ever held. Definitely needs to be broken in, as it is pretty tight. Trigger is still a bit heavy and gritty, but I'm told that smooths out. I couldn't believe how simple this gun is and how well made it seems. I'll never go back to an AR!:D Only drawback is the lack of iron sights. Not really anywhere to put them and the sight radius would be so short they wouldn't be much good anyway. I've got a Millet DMS-1 scope mounted on it. It's just as good as the stock optic at x1 (if not better) and magnifies up to x4. Will definitely pony up for better optics down the road, but this will do for now. Can't wait to get her out and play at the range!

GEDC0007.jpg

GEDC0006.jpg

GEDC0003.jpg

Edited by Smith
added pics
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that $20 /w TICS or + TICS?

$20 + TICS but he only charged me once for the transfer and the Siaga. The way it should be done, but I know of others that charge it for each gun.:D Either way it is the cheapest in or around Nashville. Phil is a good guy to deal with.

$20 + TICS but he only charged me once for the transfer and the Siaga. The way it should be done, but I know of others that charge it for each gun.:) Either way it is the cheapest in or around Nashville. Phil is a good guy to deal with.

Absolutly..

• 2 weeks later...
Smith, you're a wealth of information on the STG. I was going to pony up the cash for the Ratworx side rail, but I did a search for the UTG one and found it for under $7. Thanks.

haha! Thanks but I think it is more a combonation of lots of computer time at my jobs, liking to read, and a bit of an obsession to know stuff. :rolleyes: