Kahr PM9 VS Walther PPS (9mm)

Ropin4gold

Guest Bretticus

I own a Kahr PM9. They are hard to find at gun shows, for some reason. Yes, they are expensive, but there is very little out there that is a pocket carry weapon in a 9mm, and I promise you, it is thin enough to carry in the pocket.

I use a holster made by Kahr, with a print concealer. It looks like a wallet, or iPhone, or some other rectangular object, but no gun prints. I can carry in dress pants pockets (90 percent of my carrying), jeans on my days off. I can carry in shorts, I could probably carry this thing jogging with the right holster. It is good for 99 percent of my daily protection needs.

I don't know about the other folks' experience, but mine was great. Right out of the box, it was accurate, both with Remington and Winchester target ammo. I carry Hornady ammo for reliability. I have not had one misfire since I have shot it. I have put over 500 rounds through it, and each shot was equally accurate and precise. I have shot it up to 30 yards, and I can hit the chest portion of a target with confidence, even to this distance.

Without a doubt, get the Kahr. It truly could be the only gun you need. Not perfect by any measure, but reliable. Accurate. Small. Dependable. Easy to strip and clean. You won't know you are wearing it after the first few minutes, and you will never leave it in your vehicle because it's too cumbersome. Do society a favor and get this gun. We want you to be armed at all times (or at least I want you to).

With the good must come the bad: No safety mechanism. Sights definitely need upgrading to 3 dot night sights, though the factory sights are OK. Trigger takedown has a learning curve. I prefer Glock's trigger, but I can't fit a Glock in the pocket. Some people feel more comfortable with more than 7 shots, so the other clip would need to be carried in this instance. Msg me for any intel on this weapon above and beyond what I have written.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below
I don't have any experience with the PM9, but I LOVE my PPS in .40 S&W. I'm a Glock guy, and the PPS is essentially the single-stack subcompact that folks have been clamoring for Glock to produce for years. The only thing I don't like is that silly European ambi-mag release, but everything else about the gun just feels right to me. YMMV.

+1 except I've come to like the mag release after getting used to it with the P22, PK380, and PPS. Just takes some getting used to. My primary dislike with the Kahr is the trigger. Its just too long for me to get used too. I've gotten too used to the short reset many of the pistols have now. I'd hesitate to say the PPS has a great trigger, but its decent, and does have a short reset. I've been pretty impressed with the accuracy of such a small pistol too.

............ The only thing I don't like is that silly European ambi-mag release, but everything else about the gun just feels right to me. YMMV.

At first i was uneasy about the mag release on my PPS. But now, i like it better than traditional mag releases. I find it faster and easier, now that i know how to use it. I found that, using my trigger finger, sweeping down on the very end of the mag release lever is the easiest. Very little movement and it give the most leverage that reduces the force neccessary to release the mag. This is very quick.

I love the PPS. It does just feel right. For me shooting it is effortless. I am more accurate with this gun than my others.

Edited by gotigers
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for all the input, I picked up a PM9 today. Now I just have to get some time to get to the range.....

A while back someone posted a pic of a kydex pocket holster that held the spare mag under the gun, who makes that holster?

Guest Bronker
Thanks for all the input, I picked up a PM9 today. Now I just have to get some time to get to the range.....

A while back someone posted a pic of a kydex pocket holster that held the spare mag under the gun, who makes that holster?

StellaRigs Stellar_Pocketholsters

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

OhShoot posted it.

StellaRigs Stellar_Pocketholsters

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

OhShoot posted it.

You can buy from StellarRigs.com or from Kahr online store, think they're same price from each but not sure.

Note you'll have to pick up a second short mag, though, won't work with the 7 rounder with pinkie rest, unless you want

to put the long one in the gun, which sort of thwarts the overall compact nature of the whole shebang.

- OS