Bill Maher

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to watch Real Time years ago but it got to the point of being unbearable. He definitely kept going further and further left and crossed many lines not only regarding politics and religion, but the country and it's principles. Humor is one thing but he is something else all together. Now I detest him.

"Mr." Maher... saw your snicker at Mr. Cheney's heart attack. You know, regardless of political affiliation, that's just wrong. A heart attack is not a source for humor. Add me to the long list of people that plan to pi$$ on your grave.

No different then praising Ted Kennedy's cancer, or wishing Obama or Pelosi death.

Oh wait.... I suppose it's a-ok because they're not rightwingers :up:

?

The OP complained about a Liberal making fun of a Republicans heart attack.

I made a comparison to the Republicans making fun of Kennedy, a Liberal.

Same difference...

Now that's some good moderation right there!:up:

Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Oh, pardon me oh great one! :rolleyes:

The OP is not a public figure, unfortunately Maher is one and routinely makes a fool of himself by saying things like that on the air. Another is Al Franken, Rosie O Donnell(?)

I haven't heard any republican public figures saying stuff like that on the air. I think that is where the OP is coming from.

Guest Republican

Billy Maher = Liberal Atheist.

He is not funny and he is not smart, but he thinks he is. He might as well be the devil. People like him are exactly what is wrong with the world today.

rant - Our own government is financing the social demise of America. Thats your tax dollars at work my friends. The government needs to realize that you cant tax and spend unless someone is making money.

The OP is not a public figure, unfortunately Maher is one and routinely makes a fool of himself by saying things like that on the air. Another is Al Franken, Rosie O Donnell(?)

I haven't heard any republican public figures saying stuff like that on the air. I think that is where the OP is coming from.

Leno makes jokes towards both sides, often about health problems.

There are plenty of 'public figures' on both sides that makes distasteful jokes like that...

I haven't heard any Republicans that are public figures talk like that. It's commonplace with several Democrats in the public arena. Now if you're comparing us little people to them, okay, but it still is usually spurred on by their behaviour. :up:

Leno is a pretty good fellow. I've never heard him get trashy. He and Rush even had a great time on his show. I just haven't heard any Right leaning public figures do that. Leno is not a right leaner, but he is a decent comedian.

I think Maher's snicker about Cheney were uncalled for, just like the nasty comments about Ted Kennedy on this forum immediately after his death were. A lot of what's wrong with our great country boils down to a lack of good manners. When there's nothing but total disrespect it's no wonder no one can sit down and fix our problems.

We live in the greatest place on this small blue planet, but those that lead us can't sit down and figure out a way to fix our inadequate roadways, crumbling bridges, and dilapidated schools. And the rest of us divide up into warring camps and continue the stupidity.

Sorry, I'm just in a mood tonight.