Wife help.......

Guest Baddawg865

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried as recently as last weekend and have had ZERO success :confused: You guys are ahead of me.

Bubba, My wife was like that until we were in Nashville. I was working and I would get on to her about not carrying her little pony pistol with her.

she went to the car wash, and was washing out the floor board mats when she saw a guy actually lurking around the low wall off the property..he was observing her.

she left immediately and I've had no problems making her carry or keep a weapon close since then.

she doesn't like to go to the range as often as I do? but she's ..pretty proficient with a .45 pistol (made the 2nd highest score in the carry class.was mad because I beat her..LOL!) and has even bought her own without imput from me.

(desert eagle in .45). when she travels alone, she's got a pistol to hand.

I would say, make it a family outing. take cousins, wives and brothers and such..and a picnic or something and spend the day. make competitions.

and the more women there, the better.

Guest Chuck McDaniel
I would say, make it a family outing. take cousins, wives and brothers and such..and a picnic or something and spend the day. make competitions.

Towerclimber37, your suggestion makes sense. That is what essentially worked with my wife.

My suggestion(s): Most women are social creatures and relationally oriented, so plan an outing that is based around a social event with other couples and women with whom she is very comfortable. Put something in her hands that doesn't recoil hard, and provide her with good electronic hearing protection that will allow her to have conversation with you and others on the line. Give her only enough instruction to be safe and to be able to hit targets with minimal effort at short distances. Play some basic shooting games, don't get competitive, and remember that the event is about her and having fun together. Praise every little shooting success she has during and after the event. Don't push it, but for several days afterwards there should be... praise, praise, praise... and some 'Gosh, honey, wasn't that fun?'.

After I did the above, my wife let me actually let me teach her how to shoot and took a class with me, and it was because she saw shooting as a means to having fun together and a way to be closer as a couple. Shortly thereafter, she started taking her targets in to work to show off the results from her failure drills...lol. A little psychology goes a long way.

Guest Benelli Nova Guy

I took mine and her friend to the range and rented every gun they wanted to try. She ended up with a G19 that she liked so we got one (she returned the favor and bought my Benelli for me, so it worked out lol). She loved that she had a friend with no exp either, so they competed and thats what won her over to shooting.