Guest oldsmobile98

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest no_masters
I liked your letter, too. It was politely written for a difficult crowd at Vandy. I

hope she or someone responds to your letter. That's what it takes. Good job!

my thoughts exactly. great response.

Guest JavaGuy

I have to agree with the others - it was a well-reasoned response and laid out an intelligent position for talking about the need for self defense capabilities.

6.8, thanks for the tip on the comments. I totally missed that.

I didn't see comments on many of the letters-to-the-editor that were shown. It makes me wonder if comments are discouraged in some way.

I have to agree with the others - it was a well-reasoned response and laid out an intelligent position for talking about the need for self defense capabilities.

6.8, thanks for the tip on the comments. I totally missed that.

I didn't see comments on many of the letters-to-the-editor that were shown. It makes me wonder if comments are discouraged in some way.

:DGlad to help.

I can only imagine the rant that will get going from the liberal Vandylanders.

Maybe there will be some balance(fingers crossed).

nice, well written and polite response. Sadly, most people are hard headed and won't get the message no matter how many truths and facts are shoved in their face. They are living in a fantasy world.

Guest bubruins

I also think that your reply was excellent. I'm a student at Belmont and I would love to have the opportunity to write to an editor of a school publication on this issue. Concealed carry on campus was actually what I did my final persuasive speech on last year in my speech class - and to my surprise the audience was receptive to the idea.

Olds, as others have said, that was a very well written rebuttal to Ms. Berry's comments. However, I'd like to add one point. Ms. Berry states that it's unlikely that gun legislation will be passed soon. So the almost automatic response is to go to "authority" and have someone else decide who should and should not be on campus. Not an exact quote, I'm sorry, but think it's pretty close. It's another example of the trend today to avoid personal responsibility for one's life and actions.