Wilderness Tactical Safepacker. Any feedback?

Does anyone have any opinions on the Wilderness Tactical Safepacker? I'm new to concealed carry. I've been trying different ways to conceal my handguns and I'm wondering if concealment in plain sight would work for me. When fanny packs first came out a decade or so ago a lot of outdoors, tree hugger type, people began to wear them. We called them Fag Bags, no offense intended. Now a lot of concealed carriers wear these bags. So I'm lookin for feedback.

Note: I got nothing against tree huggers. Being an avid ourdoorsman, I too am all about preserving nature. Therefore I have found common ground with tree huggers. Once you get to know them, they ain't bad people, just different. :screwy::)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the Maxpedition line. I use a Jumbo pack a lot of the time and it would be perfect for what you are talking about. Has a dedicated easy to reach pistol compartment with a holster integrated and the all important water bottle holder. Designed to hold the 32 oz Nalgene bottle. Would be perfect. Search Maxpedition or "man purse" here and you will find pictures and more reviews. UTG also makes a copy of the Jumbo for $30. Strikj has one and did a review of it.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/show-tell/19968-my-murse.html

JUMBO VERSIPACK Concealed Carry Sling Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Try the Maxpedition line. I use a Jumbo pack a lot of the time and it would be perfect for what you are talking about. Has a dedicated easy to reach pistol compartment with a holster integrated and the all important water bottle holder. Designed to hold the 32 oz Nalgene bottle. Would be perfect. Search Maxpedition or "man purse" here and you will find pictures and more reviews. UTG also makes a copy of the Jumbo for $30. Strikj has one and did a review of it.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/show-tell/19968-my-murse.html

JUMBO VERSIPACK Concealed Carry Sling Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Great advice. I use several of the single strap packs. The back of the pack has a great concealed carry pocket that you can simply reach into -- there is no flap or zipper covering anything up. If you carry book, a laptop, tools, or a camera and accessories (...like i do ...) they work like a charm. Here is the link to look at the various pictures: Maxpedition Lunada Gearslinger Shoulder Sling Tactical Messenger Gear Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical I highly recommend them. They are tough, well made, and carry lots of stuff. You can carry anything you want to carry right up to a full size 1911 or "N" frame smith in the back pocket.

If you like 'em; shop around. Several places have this stuff at more reasonable prices. I like these guys: Bags & Pouches. These guys are good too: BatteryJunction.com Batteries, Battery Chargers, Flashlights, Solar Products & more!.

Hope this helps,

Leroy

I have a Safepacker, and I use it in the car. Straps to the seat belt and gives quick, easy access to the weapon. It also protects the weapon in the event of an accident, and when I'm moving the weapon back and forth between the car and the house.

It also makes a good bedside holster. Open the flap and tuck it between the mattress and box springs with the weapon hanging vertically and you have quick access to your weapon in the middle of the night, either at home or when you travel.