i can't wait!

i just got a txt from my contact in africa and he said he had good news for me about hunting while i am in africa in june! he is going to call me tomorrow and give me the details. i don't care if it is throwing spears at rabbits with the tribes man or plains game i will take anything! lol i will let you guys know tomorrow :woohoo:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, no but i have probably sent him $10,00 over the years for the orphanage! i'm thinking about taking my single shot 44mag so i can take it apart and put it in my suit case. i'm good out to 200yards with that thing which will be plenty.

Sounds awsome! A friend of mine's dad goes every once in a while and only has to pay for what he shoots. But he gives it all to the local villages anyway. You should ask if they are in an area that has an overpopulation of ivory-absent elephant. Some local populations of Ivory tusked elephants are in danger of having their Ivory bred out by non-tusked elephants so the local governements will sometimes let you hunt the non-tusked ones for free. Lotsameat! Just make sure you have a good, fast jeep if ya miss! :eek::panic::rofl:

Edited by gnmwilliams

What kind of antelope? There are many many different sizes and varieties of antelope. Some you have no chance to killing with a 44mag. Also, several countries will not allow you to hunt with pistol cartridges.

For most antelope a 270 would work well. For larger ones, a 7mm or 30 caliber of some sort will probably work better.

Warthog is a fun animal to hunt. They are very tough and very nasty.

well, where i am going to hunt there isn't any real law in the area. but if i understand him right the people in charge of the village are going to take me hunting(hope i'm not the hunted lol JK) not sure on the type of antalope, i may not take a rifle and just use what they use...it must work they are still alive, well, some of them are...amybe i should take my own gun....lol

after talking with my wife i now see how much stuff we have to take with us. since a gun case is one check in item to fly with us, and we only get 2 items per person, we will really need the room for more suitcases and not guns. i will just use a gun from over there! i'm just glad i will get to hunt something

Congrats,as far as boots I would just wear hiking boots and gators.Gators pack about like a pair of thick socks.As far as a gun,I would just ask them what they have.I would think living there they have a gun you can use.That would be one less thing you would have to lug through the airports.