National Park Poll

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

I don't think those 3%ers will be found in the Fraternal Order Of Po Po's.

"The Coalition of National Park Service Retirees and the Fraternal Order of Police lobbied unsuccessfully against the rule change.

"It's a bad idea," the coalition's Bill Wade said. "It's a significant departure from what the public expects in the national parks. They've always been a sanctuary where people can go and feel safe."

First sentence:

"...but soon anyone with a permit will be able to shoulder a shotgun as they watch Old Faithful erupt."

Is that allowed in Wyoming with permit?

- OS

The same thing stuck out to me as well. Typical reporter trying to play :drama:queen. So far, our side is loosing, go get 'em boys.

The same thing stuck out to me as well. Typical reporter trying to play :drama:queen. So far, our side is loosing, go get 'em boys.

Maybe it's legal in Wyoming, I don't know.

The new federal law does not specify "handguns", only refers to "firearms".

So if you can carry a loaded long gun around in Wyoming, you can do it in the park too.

- OS

What a horribly written article. She talks about them having to be concealed in one sentence she say's they'll be retracing Pickett's charge with modern day guns and getting photo ops in front of signs. It contradicts itself three or four times.

What a waste of oxygen and bandwith :bat:

I tell you there is so much hand wringing going on over this it boggles the mind. On a board for hiking the smokies there was a very lenghty debate over carrying in the NP and it is really pathetic of the mind set of some people concerning carrying and just guns in general.

We're losing? Have you forgotten that the vast majority of states now have shall-issue RTC laws? What about the DC vs Heller ruling?

I don't think we're losing at all. Progress may be slow, but we definitely are NOT losing the battle.

i shot her an email andrea.stone@sphere.com.

Something to think about. By your article i can tell which side you stand on.

So a family is walking down down a path in a national park and Mr. Bad Guy; we'll call him BG for for short, decides he would like there wallets. Since it seems like a fairly remote area so it's better to get rid of the witnesses.

Scenario 1

If the father or mother is properly trained and armed they have the potential to stop the threat. If the shots properly taken BG is killed. The family lives happily ever after with a memory of their bad day.

Scenario 2

BG takes the family's wallets kills the husband, rapes the mother in front of the children; but the children are able to get away.....

Now if BG gets caught... we, as in you and I, get to pay for his room, food, doctors visits and anything else BG needs for the rest of his life. While the family is with out a father (the good guy) and they don't live happily ever after with a memory of their bad day at the park.

If BG is able to get away, he lives to try it again another day.

YOUR PICK!!

--

Scott M

Edited by fastbs
i shot her an email andrea.stone@sphere.com.

Something to think about. By your article i can tell which side you stand on.

So a family is walking down down a path in a national park and Mr. Bad Guy; we'll call him BG for for short, decides he would like there wallets. Since it seems like a fairly remote area so it's better to get rid of the witnesses.

Scenario 1

If the father or mother is properly trained and armed they have the potential to stop the threat. If the shots properly taken BG is killed. The family lives happily ever after with a memory of their bad day.

Scenario 2

BG takes the family's wallets kills the husband, rapes the mother in front of the children; but the children are able to get away.....

Now if BG gets caught... we, as in you and I, get to pay for his room, food, doctors visits and anything else BG needs for the rest of his life. While the family is with out a father (the good guy) and they don't live happily ever after with a memory of their bad day at the park.

If BG is able to get away, he lives to try it again another day.

YOUR PICK!!

--

Scott M

Remember the young girl who was moving into an apartment off campus at UT Martin recently and was raped in front of her parents while they were forced to watch and the mother was forced to strip? Same thing could happen in a remote area in a park, so scenario 2 is very possible. Had one or both of the parents been armed, it could have turned out very differently and the world could have been rid of one more scumbag.

We're losing? Have you forgotten that the vast majority of states now have shall-issue RTC laws? What about the DC vs Heller ruling?

I don't think we're losing at all. Progress may be slow, but we definitely are NOT losing the battle.

Whoa there, Just in the poll DaddO, just in the poll.