Alternative carry options for subcompact G26

ASIDE FROM CROSSBREED, MTAC, Pocket Holsters, or Smart Carry holsters, how do you guys carry your baby Glocks? I already have the previously mentioned holsters. I'm looking at OTHER options. Specificly, I'm looking at the Galco U.S.A./ U.D.C. and Galco Ankle Glove. I really don't want to buy a custom holster, but pictures and testimony may change my mind. What are do my fellow Glockers carry their baby Glocks in? Pictures would be nice. Thanks, Shima

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a High Noon Mr Softy holster that looks interesting. Anybody ever try one?

Tried one for a Ruger SP101.

There just wasn't enough holster there to really secure the gun. So much stuck out top it was very top heavy and insecure also.

They gave me the old "you gotta break it in" spiel. There was no way it was gonna break in any deeper.

I sent it back, cost me postage both ways, though.

Maybe it would be better for a semi-auto, I dunno.

It's not a "form fitted" holster for any gun, though, sort of generic.

- OS

Thanks for that info OS. I'll mark that one off the list. I really like the looks of the Galco U.D.C. It looks like a good appendix carry holster. Any input? Thanks.

I never tried anything but couple of cheap Galcos, the Stow and Go and the Walkabout. They were fine enough for the money, and the higher end boned ones all look nice.

I guess the UDC would work, although it seems a little expensive to me for a non form fitting (sculpted/boned to individual gun model) holster. It's much like the very much cheaper Stow and Go, cept for that different clip thing.

It's just barely cheaper than say, a Bullard.

I'm just not high on ANY holster that has single attachment point, though, especially when it's at the already thickest part of the gun/holster.

I also don't see how that is much "deeper" than many other IWBs, although I know it hides most of the clip behind belt. Then again, many makers offer the tuckable J hook option.

'Course, if you're gonna tuck, would be easier to do with a single clip than double, I guess, if it stays stable.

More than you wanted in an opinion, I'm sure... :)

- OS

All good thoughts. Thanks.

One more thing I'll mention.

When you first mentioned the Mr. Softy, which is not tuckable, didn't know tucking was a desire.

I can say this, though...I played with tucking just for the heck of it (though I don't have to) when I first started to carry and didn't have much luck, although my Kahr in a Bullard marginally worked; maybe I was overly self conscious with it some too, dunno.

But though, if I WERE gonna tuck, it would be with a smaller, flatter gun like the Kahr, wouldn't be with my XD SC. Too thick. Like your G26, IMO.

- OS

Besides pocket, and ankle carry, which are used only in really warm weather. I carry OWB, and rarely, IWB. I've found that it takes no more cover to conceal OWB than IWB and I don't have to wear bigger size pants. Bought a "Supertuck" sent it back. For me "yuck". I carry OWB in a custom ordered Lobo holster. Love it. Not real expensive, but very very well made! I think Ray is one of the best kept secrets in the hand made ,one at a time, as you order market. And they're a bargain ! Oh yeah, I like the High Noon Bare Asset for IWB, useguns005-1.jpg same one for 19 and 26.

Edited by Ae-35
One more thing I'll mention.

When you first mentioned the Mr. Softy, which is not tuckable, didn't know tucking was a desire.

I can say this, though...I played with tucking just for the heck of it (though I don't have to) when I first started to carry and didn't have much luck, although my Kahr in a Bullard marginally worked; maybe I was overly self conscious with it some too, dunno.

But though, if I WERE gonna tuck, it would be with a smaller, flatter gun like the Kahr, wouldn't be with my XD SC. Too thick. Like your G26, IMO.

- OS

Well since I usually dont tuck my shirts in away from work, tucking is not a necessity. I just like having the most options. You could be right. I may try it and not like it due to the additional bulk. That's the reason I'm asking questions of what works and don't work for others. Pros and cons, looking at pictures, ect... Thanks to all who are giving info. Keep it coming.