A Yankee Gun Owner Says Hello

Guest glockamolee

Guest glockamolee

Hi all,

I'm a Michigan Yankee, and a gunowner. Regardless of where we live, us gun folks need to stick together.

I'm a Christian, thats comes before anything. By trade, I teach History. When work isn't in session, I enjoy my wife and son. My son is a better shot than I am, and thats OK in my book.

The politics of Michigan and most other east coast and west coast states stink to high heaven. We had to pull eye teeth to get our CCW rights, we finally did a few years ago though.

I was able to serve my nation in the Army; mid 80's in Texas and Latin America.

My Favorites?

AK

Glock

Hi-Power

Hi-Standard (original Hamden mfg from the 60's).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Welcome. I was just up in your yankee neck of the woods this past weekend. I even too a stroll around MIgunowners.org while I was there during some down time that I had.....glad to have you here.

Guest Phantom6

Welcome to the group. We take... er, ah... accept Yankees here. No worries. Hell, it's been 142 years since y'all showed up un-invited. We're over that... for the most part. What part of Michigan are you from? I spent a little time in the UP. Beautiful country up there. Stopped in at Mackinac Island for a few nights at the Grand while on my way back. That certainly didn't seem like lower MI at all. In my opinion, as MI goes, ol' Albert Soady, patriarch of the dysfunctional Soady family in the Jeff Danials classic Escanaba in da Moonlight may very well have been correct when he said-"If you're looking for heaven, it's north of the bridge."

Again, welcome aboard.

Guest glockamolee

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Phantom6, I, unfortunately, live Wayyyyy south of the Bridge. In a couple of years, I'll be moving, but for now, I'm near that nasty city that starts with D!

"Say Ya To Da U.P... Eh?" Thats how the Finnish immigrants trained their descendents to speak! :) The U.P. truly is a bit of Heaven, reminds me a bit of Wyoming (where I own some land), but without the Rocky Mountains. The U.P. had a movement some years back to become the 51st state. Too bad they failed because the U.P. has nothing in common with the lower Penninsula, that includes the culture (especially the culture).

Guest glockamolee

Branket,

Southfield was a bit close wasn't it? Pontiac? not much better.

I'm in Clinton Township, off Metro Parkway (16 mile rd)/94. You would call Metro Parkway Big Beaver as you go toward Pontiac.

Branket,

Southfield was a bit close wasn't it? Pontiac? not much better.

I'm in Clinton Township, off Metro Parkway (16 mile rd)/94. You would call Metro Parkway Big Beaver as you go toward Pontiac.

Yup, Southfield was very close, well 10 mile is a whole 2 miles north of the D :surrender:

I wasn't actually in pontiac, Auburns Hills was closer and Clarkston to be exact. My dad taught high school in Eastpointe for 30 odd years, thats not too far from Clinton if I'm not mistaken.

Hi all,

I'm a Michigan Yankee, and a gunowner. Regardless of where we live, us gun folks need to stick together.

Look, as long as you're not looking to start another civil war, I like ya :surrender: we're all Americans here!

I'm a Christian, thats comes before anything. By trade, I teach History. When work isn't in session, I enjoy my wife and son. My son is a better shot than I am, and thats OK in my book.

I myself am a baptist heathen (practicing).

The politics of Michigan and most other east coast and west coast states stink to high heaven. We had to pull eye teeth to get our CCW rights, we finally did a few years ago though.

I was able to serve my nation in the Army; mid 80's in Texas and Latin America.

Nice! what was your military skill? I was 11b/11m (infantry/mechanized infantry) from 86-96. you'll find a host of other veterans here as well!

make yourself welcome, good to have ya here!

My Favorites?

AK

Glock

Hi-Power

Hi-Standard (original Hamden mfg from the 60's).

Guest glockamolee

towerclimber37...

Nah, too much trouble to start another civil war, I'm too lazy :surrender:

When I did my service, I was a 31C. got to talk on the radio, but did it in a line unit, not in a "Headquarters Company!"

towerclimber37...

Nah, too much trouble to start another civil war, I'm too lazy :shake:

When I did my service, I was a 31C. got to talk on the radio, but did it in a line unit, no headquarters or REMF allowed!

31C radio teletype operator! yep. I started out as one o' them critters...couldn't get promoted so I changed my tune.:surrender:

and now days they call em "TOCROACHES" not remfs... I LOVE that one!