Rossi 38 special revolver 149.99 @ academy sports

jeffmem

Saw this today ... no Academies in memphis :)

Rossi 38 special revolver 149.99 + tax after credit promo @ Academy Sports and Outdoors First gun post, so I'm sure I'll get electronically reamed, but here goes....

Academy has a 3" barrel Rossi .38 Special revolver with a sale's price of 199.99. Also, if you sign up for an Academy credit card they will give you a $50.00 discount on purchases of $150.00 or more. Thus, the Rossi would be $149.99 + tax.

Now, I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions about the quality of a Rossi (which is made by Taurus). However, for a brand new gun, I don't think its a bad price. At least I wouldn't feel as guilty for not cleaning it after going shooting.

Rossi 38 special revolver 149.99 + tax after credit promo @ Academy Sports and Outdoors - SlickDeals.net Forums

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My back up is a Rossi snubby, 2" barrel that I bought when I turned 21 from Walmart. I need to change grips, it has those thin wood grips on it, but I have put a lot of rounds through it and no issues what so ever. It was made in Brazil and imported in from Interarms in Alexandria VA. I paid $161.96 for it back in 1993,

I also wish that there were an Academy near Knoxville as in addition to the deals available there it might drive competitors prices lower.

I bought a new Rossi 35102 (the blued snubbie .38 Special) last year for $299.99 before tax and background check. That was the cheapest I have seen them in this area. Another LGS (Benton's Shooters Supply for those from the area - not exactly the cheapest place around) had one in their case the last time I was there and were asking $349 before tax and background check for it so I guess that for this area I got a pretty decent deal.

Mine has actually been my primary carry lately after my P11 and my P3AT both decided to crap out at the same time. Mine is plenty accurate to SD distances and easy to shoot. I haven't fired a lot of +P through it but it has handled the few I have fire with no problems and the large, rubber grips make felt recoil from +Ps not noticeably different, to me, from the standard pressure loads.

The one on sale is not rated for +P fwiw...but still an awesome deal....would make a good present for the grandparents or people that are recoil averse.

Hmmm...my impression from products shown on their website is that Rossi has discontinued the non +P rated version. Maybe the killer price is due to them trying to sell out the remainder of those? As you say, it's still a great deal.

I might just be headed up to Franklin this weekend.

I fondled one @ the Cool Springs Academy a few minutes ago... Seems like a decent deal for a budget wheel gun - I already own an older Rossi revolver so I really didn't see the need for another one.

Also have a Taurus .40 semi-auto for $299 on sale as well.

Would you trust a Wal Mart employee to accurately handle a 4473 & TICS?

I'll bet they had all kinds of problems with ATF.

Some Wally locations still sell long guns so the background check and applicable forms still must be filled out.

Some Wally locations still sell long guns so the background check and applicable forms still must be filled out.

ditto on this, bought a rifle last month from them and everything went smooth

but to keep this on topic, thats a great deal if I had one closer Id prob pick one up