Fired my new 642, got an owie, LOL

Guest LieutenantDan67

Guest LieutenantDan67

Just a little owie, first shot broke my thumbnail and gave me a blood blister. :rolleyes:

I love the gun though...my wife bought it for me for everyday pocket carry and it's great for that. Very light and comfortable...but I've never shot a gun this small before. I'm a big guy with big hands, so I need to re-do my grip for my 642. I'm used to shooting my Glock 19.

I've decided the best way to shoot the 642 might be one-handed, it seems to be the only way to keep hands and fingers clear of the cylinder lol. Cool little gun, but I'm also trying to dial the sight in with it. I'm a good shot with my Glock, but more erratic with the 642.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LieutenantDan67
Hogue rubber grips may help. They are longer, give a much better grip for large hands.

oldogy

Thanks. Range USA's 642 rental has those grips on it and it feels good, but they can hang up the out of pocket draw and make a little bigger bulge, otherwise I'd do it.

Guest mikedwood

Gratz on the snubbie. I think they are awesome. I think they are a totally different skill set than shooting an semi-auto.

It's like the difference between bass fishing and trout fishing. Rods, reels, fish and some of the same rules apply but there is a huge difference.

Glad you like it and hang in there you will learn the art of the snub nose.

I also just bought one of these guns last week. I am having trouble tightening my groups up but I love the way it carries. I am thinking of buying the clipdraw for mine. Has anyone tried one of these? I hope my revolver doesn't bite me like yours but if it does I'll remember the bite is worse on the other end.

Guest LieutenantDan67

Lots of great replies, thank you! I'd like to address a few...

Pics please, injuries as well. ;)

LOL :death:

Hi:

Have you considered a Tyler Grip Adapter?

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy...I just visited their site and that's an interesting idea they have there.

Gratz on the snubbie. I think they are awesome. I think they are a totally different skill set than shooting an semi-auto.

It's like the difference between bass fishing and trout fishing. Rods, reels, fish and some of the same rules apply but there is a huge difference.

Amen to that! I've shot a standard size revolver before (a bigger S&W w/.38 special rounds), in fact, that was the first gun I ever fired. But as you say, snubs are very different; especially how you hold it.

Still seems like an awesome gun for easy carry and a bad close encounter that I pray never happens.

I also just bought one of these guns last week. I am having trouble tightening my groups up but I love the way it carries. I am thinking of buying the clipdraw for mine. Has anyone tried one of these? I hope my revolver doesn't bite me like yours but if it does I'll remember the bite is worse on the other end.

My first five rounds were awful (sore thumb on strong hand did not help LOL), but by the fourth or fifth wheel I was getting better. I need more practice and like I said, I'd like to try one-handed. I think that may be the answer for me.