XDsc 9

redneck

Well went out sat. to purchase my young 69 granny her new ccw . Got a XD sc 9 . Thanks to BRIAN at REBEL GUNS in LAWRENCEBURB for the great deal . SO anyways she shot 50 rounds , and loved it. Was just wandering where to get a trigger mod for it. She does not got a lot of strength . She did very well shooting , first time 9 out of 10 center mass . She is carring it daily with Hornady critical defence . Here a pic .

xdsc9.th.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well went out sat. to purchase my young 69 granny her new ccw . Got a XD sc 9 . Thanks to BRIAN at REBEL GUNS in LAWRENCEBURB for the great deal . SO anyways she shot 50 rounds , and loved it. Was just wandering where to get a trigger mod for it. She does not got a lot of strength . She did very well shooting , first time 9 out of 10 center mass ...

Sounds like she's having no trouble pulling the trigger. I can't quite fathom making it lighter for a carry gun.

Perhaps more important: can she rack it?

- OS

Right now it is a purse gun , but i got to find the right holster for her . As for racking the slide "NO" she can not rack it . It is carried full mag 1 in the pipe , like a ccw should be . After purchasing it I created a monster , now I got to buy another for the wife . :whistle: As far as the trigger , she done good . Just seeing my options . She wants to practice with me every chance we get .:up: So lets plug a 1,000 or so through it and see if it gets better . When we go practice I will get so pics to post .

Edited by redneck
dumba##
Hopefully she will never have to clear a jam. Unlikely in an XD, but...

- OS

Yeah unlikely but ideally it should at least be a physical possibility to rack it to clear it. Ultimately it is up to her if she feels comfortable not being able to clear a jam or malfunction in a life or death situation. Of course a revolver like a 642 wouldn't be as easy for her to shoot, so who knows, it probably all comes out in the wash.

Lets hope with the Hornady ammo & XD we never get a stove pipe or bad round ..:stare: I realy hope she never has to use it . Better to have it and not need , than to need it and not have it !:censored:

It is not so much of a tired finger . It is her right wrist has been broken twice , and there is not alot of strength left . I am not going for the trigger job yet . Going to let her put 1k through it first . THANKS EVERYONE :rolleyes:

A little rusty .

View My Video

Tell granny I said great shooting. I like nothing better than seeing the elderly willing to protect themselves ,,, willing to:bat:some a$$ if need be. My hat is off to her. I had the xd9-sc a thought it was a great gun but to thick for CC for me.