It's ok for me but not for you - gunshop customers

Guest PatriotCSA

Obama will go down as one of the worst leaders we have had .... it may take a few years before this comes true but it will happen....;)

Fox news will also go down as the only news network that reported it when this mess was going on......

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only hypocrisy that's going on is with you.

As americans we all have the same rights, whether we all vote the same way or not has nothing to do with it.

P.S. I'd also like to remind you that in most metropolitan parts of our country if you put that rebel/confederate flag you're flying in your avatar on a t-shirt or bumper sticker and then went out in public it would be considered horribly offensive and would probably be hazardous to your well-being... and by your own stated logic that'd be just fine.

Just sayin'

Edited by CK1
A buddy and I walked into Guns and Ammo on Summer on Friday afternoon to browse.

/end rant

This was the first mistake.....

As for the Obama being the worst- I think this is the biggest case of Buyers Remorse that our country has ever seen.

Sure, they all wanted hope and change now they got it.

The quote I heard was if you aren't a liberal by the time you are 25 you have no heart. If you aren't a conservative by the age of 35 you have no brain.

I got a brain when I was in my late 20's.

Can't Democrats, Libertarians, Green Party, whatever, defend themselves? You do realize that you don't have to tow a party line and you can disagree with a particular party stance?

just sayin...

Mac

They certainly can, if they know what their party stands for, which I doubt they do. Like CrazyLincoln freely admitted, we all grow and realize

when we've either misunderstood or been duped. Sometimes that's part of growing up. If someone like Megan McCain or Danny Glover, who know

nothing about this country or it's founding, are their role models, they're

likely to vote the wrong way. When they finally learn some truth about

how this country should work, they sometimes change their mind. It's called learning, and hopefully that doesn't end until the day you die. We aren't born with BS detectors.

I have a son graduating from UTK this semester who voted for the messiah. Believe me, I tried to change his mind. I finally told him I thought he would change his mind when he starts paying taxes. After the election, he told his mom he was for that health care garbage. She has been a nurse for a long time, and he listened when she told him what she thought it was going to do to healthcare in our country. He changed his mind. He'll get there.

A lot of you guys on here need to remind yourselves that the political state of mind here in TN is NOT in-step with the majority of our country. The attitudes that are commonplace around here and are often portrayed on Fox news channel isn't really where most of this country is at politics-wise... Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, but expecting everyone else out there to agree with you (or believing YOU have it all figured out and are right 100% of the time) is just nonsense.

Guest CrazyLincoln
A lot of you guys on here need to remind yourselves that the political state of mind here in TN is NOT in-step with the majority of our country. The attitudes that are commonplace around here and are often portrayed on Fox news channel isn't really where most of this country is at politics-wise... Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, but expecting everyone else out there to agree with you (or believing YOU have it all figured out and are right 100% of the time) is just nonsense.

I beg to differ. To believe that there is any state of mind is "in-step" with the majority of our country is foolhardy. We are a country of dissenters. I also fail to see what Fox News has anything to do with this.

It is my impression that the OP was simply pointing out the paradox of people proudly supporting a politician who openly supports curtailing gun owners rights while they were exercising those rights.

As many other posters pointed out, people have different political priorities and opinions.

Additionally, I see a hypocrisy in your argument since you argue against stereotypes by stereotyping the other users of the forum. I'm just sayin'.....

Guest mustangdave
The ones wearing the Obama T's are the same types that would wear the "Che" ones, also. They don't have a clue. Maybe they will grow out of it.

LOL...don't count on it...the 60's never died for a lot of em.;)

Guest mustangdave

Was the OP from MEMPHIS??? was the gun sop in MEMPHIS??? I've heard tales on here that MEMPHIS is a modern day DODGE CITY...so political leanings or whatever...wouldn't it be prudent to own a gun if you live in MEMPHIS? Besides that the shop owner needs to make a living.

Guest Caveman
I beg to differ. To believe that there is any state of mind is "in-step" with the majority of our country is foolhardy. We are a country of dissenters. I also fail to see what Fox News has anything to do with this.

It is my impression that the OP was simply pointing out the paradox of people proudly supporting a politician who openly supports curtailing gun owners rights while they were exercising those rights.

As many other posters pointed out, people have different political priorities and opinions.

Additionally, I see a hypocrisy in your argument since you argue against stereotypes by stereotyping the other users of the forum. I'm just sayin'.....

+1

I'm not stereotyping anyone, and I'm not being a hypocrite, might want to re-read what I said...

Based on the facts, Obama has been uncharacteristically gun-friendly for a Democrat, so saying that openly supporting him as a politician (Obama) while inside a gun store is a paradox is totally false and doesn't hold water as an argument.

I'd also have to correct you in that saying that there is no state-of-mind that is in-step with the rest of our country as also factually inaccurate since Obama's election victory was indeed the most one-sided victory in decades, otherwise known as a political "mandate", so saying otherwise is in-fact "foolhardy" (your word, not mine).

I spend a lot of time traveling all over the country and a fair amount of time overseas... In clear conscience I can say that from what I've seen the attitudes of the south are the south's alone and the fervor against the Obama administration is far and away above that which you'll find elsewhere across the states.

- To add: My own personal view is that the South along with Texas and some of the more conservative midwest states like Ohio should just halt their obstructionist politics and secede like has been threatened...

Then, as a confederation of states (hopefully with Palin as Pres) unburdened with dealing with the rest of the country they'd be free to reach their full potential as a bankrupt, land-locked, under-educated segment of north america with no income tax, no armed forces, no banking or global business centers, no collegiate education centers (football programs don't count), and no social services whatsoever... Of course the great majority of minorities would leave, and it would virtually cure any immigration issues overnight... which I'm sure would be considered a triumph (although wrecking the labor force available in the process). All un-renewable resources and fossil fuels would be fair game, companies would be free to pollute as much as they wanted, and no one would have to pay any taxes at all (so there'd be no police or fireman, etc), etc, etc, etc...

Should last maybe a week until it implodes and fails, and then our country could re-form and move on into the future. :);)

I'm kidding of course... but it's pretty funny... :):D

Edited by CK1
Guest CrazyLincoln
I'm not stereotyping anyone, and I'm not being a hypocrite, might want to re-read what I said...

Based on the facts, Obama has been uncharacteristically gun-friendly for a Democrat, so saying that openly supporting him as a politician (Obama) while inside a gun store is a paradox is totally false and doesn't hold water as an argument.

What facts pray tell? Facts like these?

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Urban Policy

I'd also have to correct you in that saying that there is no state-of-mind that is in-step with the rest of our country as also factually inaccurate since Obama's election victory was indeed the most one-sided victory in decades, otherwise known as a political "mandate", so saying otherwise is in-fact "foolhardy" (your word, not mine).

Please display these facts. I would hardly consider 53% of the popular vote "one-sided". Could you also please tell me this mindset which the majority of Americans elected him on, preferably with polls, your personal recollections are not scientific and I have no reference of your sampling methods or margin of error.

Also, about the whole "mandate" thing:

man⋅date

speaker.gif /ˈmænthinsp.pngdeɪt/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled Pronunciation [man-deyt] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA noun, verb, -dat⋅ed, -dat⋅ing. –noun 1. a command or authorization to act in a particular way on a public issue given by the electorate to its representative: The president had a clear mandate to end the war.

Mandate | Definition of Mandate at Dictionary.com:

Could you please point out what specific public issue the electorate authorized him to act in a particular way on? Please back this up with scientific data as well.

Before trying to discredit my argument with "facts" and "correct" me, please be prepared with the previously mentioned facts.

Fallacy: Bandwagon

Also Known as: Peer Pressure.

Description of Bandwagon

The Bandwagon is a fallacy in which a threat of rejection by one's peers (or peer pressure) is substituted for evidence in an "argument." This line of "reasoning" has the following form:

1. Person P is pressured by his/her peers or threatened with rejection.
  2. Therefore person P's claim X is false.

This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because peer pressure and threat of rejection do not constitute evidence for rejecting a claim. This is expecially clear in the following example:

Joe: "Bill, I know you think that 1+1=2. But we don't accept that sort of thing in our group. "

Bill: "I was just joking. Of course I don't believe that."

It is clear that the pressure from Bill's group has no bearing on the truth of the claim that 1+1=2.

It should be noted that loyalty to a group and the need to belong can give people very strong reasons to conform to the views and positions of those groups. Further, from a practical standpoint we must often compromise our beliefs in order to belong to groups. However, this feeling of loyalty or the need to belong simply do not constitute evidence for a claim.

Examples of Bandwagon

1. Bill says that he likes the idea that people should work for their welfare when they can. His friends laugh at him, accuse him of fascist leanings, and threaten to ostracize him from their group. He decides to recant and abandon his position to avoid rejection.
  2. Bill: "I like classical music and I think it is of higher quality than most modern music."
    Jill: "That stuff is for old people."
    Dave: "Yeah, only real woosies listen to that crap. Besides, Anthrax rules! It Rules!"
    Bill: "Well, I don't really like it that much. Anthrax is much better."
  3. Bill thinks that welfare is needed in some cases. His friends in the Young Republicans taunt him every time he makes his views known. He accepts their views in order to avoid rejection.

Fallacy: Bandwagon

I spend a lot of time traveling all over the country and a fair amount of time overseas... In clear conscience I can say that from what I've seen the attitudes of the south are the south's alone and the fervor against the Obama administration is far and away above that which you'll find elsewhere across the states.

- To add: My own personal view is that the South along with Texas and some of the more conservative midwest states like Ohio should just halt their obstructionist politics and secede like has been threatened...

Then, as a confederation of states (hopefully with Palin as Pres) unburdened with dealing with the rest of the country they'd be free to reach their full potential as a bankrupt, land-locked, under-educated segment of north america with no income tax, no armed forces, no banking or global business centers, no collegiate education centers (football programs don't count), and no social services whatsoever... Of course the great majority of minorities would leave, and it would virtually cure any immigration issues overnight... which I'm sure would be considered a triumph (although wrecking the labor force available in the process). All un-renewable resources and fossil fuels would be fair game, companies would be free to pollute as much as they wanted, and no one would have to pay any taxes at all (so there'd be no police or fireman, etc), etc, etc, etc...

Should last maybe a week until it implodes and fails, and then our country could re-form and move on into the future. :drama::popcorn:

I'm kidding of course... but it's pretty funny... :):death:

Gun friendly?

Sportsmen for Obama? - Gun Control Quotes

Obama's Anti-gun Record

Sportsmen for Obama? - The Illinois Years - Obama's Gun Control Votes

Barack Obama on Gun Control

The ones wearing the Obama T's are the same types that would wear the "Che" ones, also. They don't have a clue. Maybe they will grow out of it.

You are absolutely right. I met a guy wearing one of the Che Guevara shirts. I asked if he was a fan of the guy (stirring up pooh, mostly). He didn't have the slightest idea of who Che Guevara was, until I pointed out that he was wearing a shirt with his likeness. He shrugs and says "Who knew?". Wow. Talk about being easily influenced. People today will find someone they think is cool, and mimic that person, good or bad. I think that's how we actually ended up with Obama in the White House. It was the "cool" thing to do.

Guest PatriotCSA
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only hypocrisy that's going on is with you.

As americans we all have the same rights, whether we all vote the same way or not has nothing to do with it.

P.S. I'd also like to remind you that in most metropolitan parts of our country if you put that rebel/confederate flag you're flying in your avatar on a t-shirt or bumper sticker and then went out in public it would be considered horribly offensive and would probably be hazardous to your well-being... and by your own stated logic that'd be just fine.

Just sayin'

Yes we have the same rights. I just don't appreciate folks voting against them, yet expecting to retain them.

As for the Confederate flags on shirts and trucks, I do it every day in Memphis. With my logic about it, I guess you mean that I might offend someone in the process. I don't care if that happens. The difference between me and an Obama supporter in a gun shop is that I know what the flag means vs these people who have no idea what the stickers and clothing of Obama means. Otherwise they would know that he is a radical anti-gun nut and so are the people he staffs in his administration.

I look at like this......when the find the gun they love and they join the NRA which they will. They will wake up. Obama is the best thing that ever happened to this country. It woke people up to what might happen I'd we the people don't watch out.

Guest mikedwood

I'm not an Obama fan, not even close but...

I am 41 years old and the only gun friendly president I can remember is Bush Jr.

Reagan didn't do much if any better than Clinton if you count having the Brady Campain coming out of his administration darn near makes those two a tie in my opinion.

My granddad was a whole hearted Democrat (he died before Pelosi thank god) and you literally couldn't stretch your arms in his house without hitting a gun and it was loaded. They were all loaded and everywhere. He had a reloading stand at his bedside. He would send a gun off for some tuning and drop more in the tuning than his cars cost. He was a serious shooter and a Democrat.

It's not a strict party line no matter what who wants who to believe what.

Honestly I haven't seen the party that is for MY freedom yet. If I do I'll join.

It isn't democrats that are against the guns. The party name is

confused with the ideology that is against guns. There are progressives in both parties, unfortunately. Primarily the Democrat Party has been taken over by progressives, or statists; those that want to take away the Constitution and replace it with

a marxist style document.