New G26 in the family

Shima

I added a new Glock 26 to my Glock family today. It will make a great concealed carry weapon after adding some XS Big Dot sights and GAP magazine floor plates. I'm waiting for the Aholster strong side pocket holster to get here through the mail. I'm planning on picking up a Galco ankle glove for when I need deep concealment with tight pocket pants. I've been carrying it today in the Crossbreed Supertuck for my G30. With the tension of my belt, it stays put just fine. It also fits the G&G yaki slide holster for my G30 if I crank the retention screws down tight. These options for carry will work for now. So without further delay, here it is with the rest of the family.

DSC04874.jpg?t=1266119462

G21, G30, and G26. Range report to come later.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

Nice! My G26 is my EDC 99% of the time.

It's just so comfortable and shoots so well, I've even shot it at 50 yards and it impressed me how well it did. Plus it will take the G18 33 round mags just like the G17, G18, G19 and the G26.

I think it's a great gun for beginners and a great gun for those that carry everyday. Also it has never failed to fire a round off when the trigger was pulled.

I carried it today and couldn't even feel it there. It's SO much lighter than the G30. I'm totally stoked and can't wait to go shoot it. I'm already planning my next purchase now that I'm in the 9MM. Gotta get the G34 range gun next.

Let me know how you like that aholster for your G26, I have been looking at one for my G26. I'm content with my Nemesis right now though, it works pretty well. Wish it printed less though, I think the fact that it is padded and adds some thickness doesn't help, plus it doesn't do the best job of concealing the gun's shape. I haven't been called out yet, and I pretty much exclusively pocket carry it. I have been pocket carrying it in some 5.11 taclite pro pants recently, and it works great in the roomy front pockets.

Edited by RoDan
My J frame fits easy. I think the G26 will too. As I said, if you wear Wrangler cowboy jeans, you have to do something else. (ie. ankle holster) My guns carry in relax fit pockets pretty well.

I've been wanting a g26 to go with my 19 just for 'want'. I wear regular fitting blue jeans most of the time and can't even pocket carry my pf9, don't know how you guys do it.

It is all in the pants man, I'm 6'2" 240 and I try to find pants with large pockets. Levi Painter's jeans work well, not overly baggy but have nice pockets... a lot of time I'll go up 1 waist size since I will be wearing a belt anyway, this give you more room. 5.11 taclite pro pants are awesome. I even pocket carry my g26 in the back pocket of the 5.11's if I'm going to be standing up all day, it looks like I have one of the large bill folds back there. The only problem with that is getting used to having to draw from back there and making sure you twist as you draw to leave the holster back there and not pull it out with the gun. The pants aren't that baggy, you don't look like a thug or anything you just need big pockets and loose fitting pants.

IWB isn't going to work if you're rocking hipster jeans that's for sure but if you can fit 2-3 fingers in your waist you're all set with the right holster (I know I'm in the minority with this but I actually hate and do not recommend any of the huge footprint mtac, ctac, supertuck-type holsters unless you're ready to dress around them).

Shima, great choice in the 26 but IMO I'd skip the big dots, there's so many far better options... It's not just me either, check this out:pistol-training.com Blog Archive XS Sights: Just Say No

Wow, you're not gonna want to hear this. I just sold a set of Big Dots for 50 bucks, I took off my 19, yesterday! Sorry.

Your right, I didn't want to hear it. I know some don't like them, but I do. I think they produce a fast sight picture night or day. With practice, they can be accurate at distance. If you don't believe me, check out the Yeager video. Anyway, I got them on my other Glocks and like the consistency of having all my defensive pistols with the same sight setup. On the G34 range gun I plan to get later, I'll go with a more accurate competition/target sight setup. For defensive situations, I like the Big Dots.

I like them too, it's just since I made my 19 my dedicated night-stand gun, (with my 1911 as backup) I installed a TLR 2 on it (love it), so I put the factory sights back on.

How do you think the 26 would work in an ankle holster?

Works pretty good, but again, you need to be wearing pants that'll cover it... If you wear your pants like the guys in bands like Kings Of Leon, Paramore, The Killers, etc. you can forget it! ;)

I have never thought about carrying mine ankle, always seemed too heavy for that but I don't know... worse case if you got a 2nd one they could be ankle weights and you could burn some extra calories while packing heat, and protecting yourself. We could come up with a new type of exercise plan, lol.

I've been wanting a g26 to go with my 19 just for 'want'. I wear regular fitting blue jeans most of the time and can't even pocket carry my pf9, don't know how you guys do it.

The key really is the pants. I don't wear huge clothes and I'm only 5"11 160lbs with a 30"-31" waist. It only works for me in khakis, cords or cargos and it does look like I have "something" in my pocket. I usually have a blackberry, a hard chrome business card holder and keys in my other front pocket so it just looks like I've got stuff in my pockets. I'm skinny and I raced bikes for many years so I've always worn a belt with pants one size up anyway. 30" waist pants are too hard to find and they look way too tight on my thighs so I've got a closet full of size 32 already. It just so happens that they are better for concealing a firearm, either IWB or in pocket holster. When I researced this, the consensus on pocket carrying a Glock was that it will print and make your pants fall down. I really wanted to chime in and say that I'm not that big and I've found that it's not been the case for me. I always wear a belt anyway and I'd rather have a gun I know I can shoot well in a decent caliber than to carry a .380 just to wear tight jeans.

If something is casual enough for jeans, I probably wouldn't tuck my shirt in anyway, and then I'll go back to IWB. If I feel the need to wear a tight fitting t-shirt with the jeans, I'll put my 26 in the supertuck that I bought for the 19.

Edited by JReedEsq