Got my new call in!

Well after a long time of use my old e-caller gave out on me, so I went and ordered another one. My new Foxpro Spitfire arrived yesterday and man this little thing is loud and the sound is very crisp and clear. I am very impressed with it, I ordered it direct from Foxpro so that I could pick the sounds that I wanted. I have 24 sounds on it ranging from coyote sounds, rabbit distress sounds, bobcat, fox and also crow sounds. I also picked up a new scope for my AR a Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14x40. I am going sometime this week to sight my rifle in and then off to woods for some coyote hunting.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Nice! Big spending aren't you? Thats what I'm talking about. Single handily stimulating the economy while taking putting a dent into the yotes! And let me guess......BO didn't help you out on this one.

Well the Spitfire is a budget e-caller and for 200 bucks it's a lot nicer in my opinion than other models of the same price range. I did break down and spent the money on a good scope. I usually just buy used or cheaper scopes but this time I wanted to spoil myself I guess. If the Spitfire lasts as long as my last e-caller then it will deffinitely be worth the money. My last call worked great and the sound quality was no were near the Spitfire, so I am looking forward to getting out on a stand. As for BO no help there!

Well the Spitfire is a budget e-caller and for 200 bucks it's a lot nicer in my opinion than other models of the same price range. I did break down and spent the money on a good scope. I usually just buy used or cheaper scopes but this time I wanted to spoil myself I guess. If the Spitfire lasts as long as my last e-caller then it will deffinitely be worth the money. My last call worked great and the sound quality was no were near the Spitfire, so I am looking forward to getting out on a stand. As for BO no help there!

Good choice! I have a FoxPro Spitfire that I bought at Dick's just before Christmas. I haven't field tested it yet either...no place to hunt right now, and looking for a Savage .223 to hunt them with. I also bought one of the Weasel Balls at Cracker Barrel, and hope to be able to control it someway through the "AUX" function, on the Spitfire. Hope you have good luck on the yotes. Someone said the pelts are better this winter...and that's good.

"To anger a Conservative, lie to him. To anger a Liberal, tell him the truth". Theodore Roosevelt

Good choice! I have a FoxPro Spitfire that I bought at Dick's just before Christmas. I haven't field tested it yet either...no place to hunt right now, and looking for a Savage .223 to hunt them with. I also bought one of the Weasel Balls at Cracker Barrel, and hope to be able to control it someway through the "AUX" function, on the Spitfire. Hope you have good luck on the yotes. Someone said the pelts are better this winter...and that's good.

"To anger a Conservative, lie to him. To anger a Liberal, tell him the truth". Theodore Roosevelt

If you can rig the weasel ball to run off the Aux please tell me how you done it. I have a weasel ball also. I got me a Mojo Critter so i'm going to try it out also.

I'm not sure the Weasel ball can be rigged to run from the AUX, without a lot of electronic engineering. I was hoping someone would come up with some $2 gadget from radio Shack that would make it work.

"To anger a Conservative, lie to him. To anger a Liberal, tell him the truth." Theodore Roosevelt

Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14x40

Would like to here opinion on scope. Im debating buying one,I have the same call it works great I have had alot of success with mine.

Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14x40

Would like to here opinion on scope. Im debating buying one,I have the same call it works great I have had alot of success with mine.

As soon as I can (hopefully tomorrow) I will give a range report on the Nikon coyote special.

I decided to give this coyote thing a try and bought the same Nikon scope this weekend. I didn't see anything Saturday or Sunday but the scope is really nice.

I've been a shotgun and pistol guy most of my life so this rifle thing is a bit new to me. I can see where it could get addictive though...

Mark

I decided to give this coyote thing a try and bought the same Nikon scope this weekend. I didn't see anything Saturday or Sunday but the scope is really nice.

I've been a shotgun and pistol guy most of my life so this rifle thing is a bit new to me. I can see where it could get addictive though...

Mark

I have always been a shotgun, rifle guy. I didn't get a chance to get to the range to sight my rifle in. I guess I will have to wait until this week.

Just so you know I'm getting close to haveing a place to go in Marshall Co. I do have a couple smaller places so I'm trying to see where it goes from there.

I'm bout ready to go.

Just let me know if you need someone to go. I am going to buy a small camcorder this week so I can video some of these hunts. I have a friend at work who's neighbor has 15 acres that we are going to hunt sometime next week.

I thought the jack for the spitfire was to control a remote decoy. I need to read a bit more.

The reason I would like to run it through a standard unit is so I can use the remote for that unit. If i understand it correctly I will have to start the MP3 player and just let it run. I can then turn it on and off by raising and lowering the volume on the speaker itself, through the remote.

This is still in the planning and research stage. It may be easier to get a self contained unit and just use the std sounds that come with it.

thanks for the help, Mark

I thought the jack for the spitfire was to control a remote decoy. I need to read a bit more.

The reason I would like to run it through a standard unit is so I can use the remote for that unit. If i understand it correctly I will have to start the MP3 player and just let it run. I can then turn it on and off by raising and lowering the volume on the speaker itself, through the remote.

This is still in the planning and research stage. It may be easier to get a self contained unit and just use the std sounds that come with it.

thanks for the help, Mark

You may be right it does control decoys but it says aux on it. It may not work with a mp3 player. If you order from foxpro or allpredatorcalls.com then you can pick your sounds of choice. I have an ipod so later on I will try and hook it up and see if it works, it may not. If you are wanting to use the mp3 player I have a amplifier with cord and all you need is a speaker and I may even have one of those.

O.k I tried the IPod with the foxpro and it didn't work. I did however try my IPod with the amplifier and one of my speakers and it worked pretty good. You can have the amplifier and if I can find my other speaker you can have it as well, if not you can find them. You can also download sounds onto your mp3 player from here Varmint Al's Hunting Page if you want to make your own call. Just let me know.

Thanks, that's very nice of you to offer. Let me get a little further down the road for a few weeks to see what happens...

I went on my first coyote hunt Saturday. Didn't see a darn thing but it was nice getting in the woods. Eventually though I'm going to want to make some progress...

Mark

Thanks, that's very nice of you to offer. Let me get a little further down the road for a few weeks to see what happens...

I went on my first coyote hunt Saturday. Didn't see a darn thing but it was nice getting in the woods. Eventually though I'm going to want to make some progress...

Mark

No problem it will be here if you need it.

If you can rig the weasel ball to run off the Aux please tell me how you done it. I have a weasel ball also. I got me a Mojo Critter so i'm going to try it out also.

I don't have a Foxpro yet, but I do have a weasel ball decoy. :death:

It sounds like the AUX jack just acts as a switch to the decoy. I found a thread on predatormasters that explains how to do it with the Mojo Critter. It sounds simple and should work just fine with the weasel ball. Here's what someone over there posted...

I read the manual and it says that you can use it for switching stuff up to 2 amps at up to 15 volts so that should allow turning on most decoys as there is no way they draw 2 amps. For wiring, tip is positive, sleeve is negative. I just got off the phone with FoxPro and got the specifics.

In order to use the FoxPro AUX port for a decoy, you have to wire the power from the decoy through one of those mini jacks that plug into the FoxPro AUX port. It is a 3.5 mm jack. Break the wire that comes from the positive battery connection on your decoy. Extend the wire from the battery to the tip of the 3.5mm jack. Then take a wire from the sleeve of the jack back to the other end of the wire you broke from the battery. That wire should go to the switch or the motor of your decoy. Make those wires long enough to get the decoy as far away from the FoxPro as you want. Telephone wire or light speaker wire would work perfect. The AUX port just acts as another switch.

Plug the jack into the AUX port of the Foxpro. Turn on the decoy switch. The AUX button on the remote should now operate your decoy.

FoxPro + Mojo Critter on AUX Channel * * IT WORKS! * * - PredatorMasters Forums

Edit... On the weasel ball, that wire is small. It runs right up to the battery cover/switch. The problem that I see on the weasel is that wire spins with the decoy., so that would tangle up all the wires. There has to be a fix. I'll keep thinkin'..... Edited by Batman
The problem that I see on the weasel is that wire spins with the decoy., so that would tangle up all the wires. There has to be a fix. I'll keep thinkin'.....

I think to make the weasel ball work remotely, it would have to be built a little different than what Varmint AL specified. In order to keep the wires going from the weasel ball to the FoxPro Aux jack from twisting as the weasel ball turns, the motor needs to stay stationary. Attach the weasel to the remaining half of the ball, turn it upside down and attach the rod to the motor. The motor will stay stationary as the ball and weasel rotate around it.

That should do it. Now, I just need to get a FoxPro!

101, have you taken a coyote using that FoxPro Spitfire yet? Just wondering how it was working for you in the field?

No I have been to busy. I got a new scope that hasn't been sighted and a new e-caller that has not been in the woods. I am going to do everything I can to get out in the woods this week. I can tell you that the sounds are crystal clear and loud.

No I have been to busy. I got a new scope that hasn't been sighted and a new e-caller that has not been in the woods. I am going to do everything I can to get out in the woods this week. I can tell you that the sounds are crystal clear and loud.

Good luck! I like my Spitfire, and like yours, it has not been on a coyote hunt yet. I was over at Dick's a couple of nights ago, and they had quite a few of the FoxPro Spitfires there...still at $199... just in case anyone is looking for one.

"To anger a Conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth". Theodore Roosevelt

Good luck! I like my Spitfire, and like yours, it has not been on a coyote hunt yet. I was over at Dick's a couple of nights ago, and they had quite a few of the FoxPro Spitfires there...still at $199... just in case anyone is looking for one.

"To anger a Conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth". Theodore Roosevelt

I would order from Foxpro or allpredatorhunting.com, if you do you can pick your own sounds instead of having them already pre-set.