S&W M&P15-22 vs. Sig522

FreedomGunCo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't studied up on the Sig, but I love my 15-22.

Controls are exactly like my AR-15

You can put any AR-15 buttstock (mil-spec tube), pistol grip, or trigger you want in the 15-22

The 15-22 has a free floating match grade barrel and quad rail

You can put any AR-15 buttstock (mil-spec tube), pistol grip, or trigger you want in the 15-22

+1 What he said. Plus it is very accurate.

I agree with Jeff. I have both and if I had to pick one it would be the

M&P 15-22. Both shoot well but the Sig 522 does not come with iron sights. So add the cost of some optics to the price.

Depends on what you want it for, of course. If you are just looking for a fun to shoot 22, either one is fine. However, if you want something to mimic your AR, something that you can practice with without shooting expensive ammo, and if you want to put on some aftermarket modifications (refined trigger, ambi safety/mag release, etc.) go with the SW.

agree. if you just want a great 22, the Sig is awesome.

if you want a training rifle, guy the one that matches your duty rifle.

have the S&W, and it's a screaming good gun.

like the Sig very much, but have no need from a training standpoint. would be a fine weapon on it's own merits however.

tried the colt. it sucked ass. of course, that is only my opinion.

Almond, It's a fake can...I got mine before the treaded barreled one's were available...I had it threaded by a friend who does this service and a custom barrel shroud for less than 100, if anyone is interested I can send more pic's of the service, and some shrouds he offers.

Almond, It's a fake can...I got mine before the treaded barreled one's were available...I had it threaded by a friend who does this service and a custom barrel shroud for less than 100, if anyone is interested I can send more pic's of the service, and some shrouds he offers.

Its looks really cool, from that picture I couldn't tell the difference.

I would like some pictures. Thanks. I can see one of those on my M&P. I got a quote of $95 to put a flash hider on my 15-22. That may be the route that I take.